Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you following my previous members journal you'll have seen that I sold my 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i and upgraded to a 2016 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited! I've now owned 4 Subaru's, 3 of them being Impreza's and one Legacy. I will continue to own Subaru's for as long as I can!!! :projectsti.com:

For everyone who doesn't know me: Hi I'm Trevor I previously had a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS which is how I stumbled upon RS25 and led me to become a member. After making the huge mistake of selling my RS I picked up a 2003 Legacy wagon and a year later it had several electrical issues that I did not want to deal with so I traded it in for a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i and I had that car for the last 4 years. I only put about 60k miles on her but that car was a first for me on a lot of modifications and I enjoyed every bit of ownership with that car, but as I get older I wanted something more refined but still fun. Here's a short showcase of the last 3 Subaru's I had, none of which remained stock!

1. 2000 Impreza 2.5RS

2. 03 Legacy L wagon

3. 07 Impreza 2.5i

Well onto my newest Subaru. I'll post my goals and try to keep this updated as I go!

2016 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited purchased 6-16-19 for $18k with 36k miles completely stock!
Current Modifications as of 8/26/19:
Exterior
LED 6500k low beams
LED white license plate lights
LED white OEM C-lights
LED white reverse light
DRL disengaged
Yakima Cross bar system
Yakima LoadWarrior basket
OEM splash guards on side skirts & rear bumper
Gloss black wrapped center bars on grille
Amber deletes on headlights
Clear rear bumper reflectors
OEM rain guards
20% tint on passenger windows
Digital snow camo front & rear emblem overlays
Premium Auto Styling yellow fog light overlays
Front bumper accents wrapped in Avery snow digital camo vinyl

Interior
LED white dome, map, & trunk lights
Subaru all-weather floor mats
Subaru all-weather trunk liner
ScanGuage2 (under radio)
Silver trim wrapped in digital snow camo

Suspension
Stock

Performance
Removed muffler for more rumbles

Audio
Stock

Shit I wanna do or considering:

Exterior
Debadged trunk lid or reduce the amount of badges
OEM front bumper add-ons to match side skirts & rear bumper splash guards
JDM/ OEM/ F1 style lower 3rd brake light
OEM tall rear spoiler (not STi)
Red Rally Armor mud flaps
Put Hella fog lights on front bumper for winter
Some sort of Sun strip/ banner on the windshield

Performance
Maybe create a custom intake of some sort
Front strut brace
maybe lower it with lowering springs - big maybe - I've had lowered cars for a while. I'm really enjoying a stock height car.

Audio
I'd like to integrate my current subwoofer into the factory radio
Kicker 10" subwoofer
Kicker 300w amp
Kicker Line out converter

So if you can't tell, I want to be more modest with this car. Enjoy it as it is and for all it has to offer. Take it on trips with my wife, etc.

Attachments

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Who doesn’t like pictures!

The day we brought it home:

Put my Yakima crossbars on almost immediately

Here’s an after picture of the center section of the grille wrapped in gloss black

Here’s all the LEDs I put in:
Trunk/ cargo area

Map lights

Dome light

How they look at night

Low beams

Reverse

License plate lights

Secondary/ “C-light”

So that’s where I’m at. It’s a really fun car. It has a lot of character and I’m really enjoying all the options it came with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Used some gloss black vinyl to delete my amber reflectors

Finally got my ScanGuage2 wired up under the radio!

Waiting semi-patiently for my tint guy to return from vacation and more to come as well.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,190 Posts
How is your headlight pattern against a wall? Still a sharp cut off? My brother has LED bulbs in his bike and I give him shit about it any chance I get cause they're dangerously bright. I refuse to ride in front of him as that shit washes out my mirrors and I catch reflections off my visor.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is your headlight pattern against a wall? Still a sharp cut off? My brother has LED bulbs in his bike and I give him shit about it any chance I get cause they're dangerously bright. I refuse to ride in front of him as that shit washes out my mirrors and I catch reflections off my visor.
Yeah no issues here. I always readjust my headlights when I install brighter bulbs to keep from doing that. Sounds like your brother needs to do the same. With a brighter bulb it often changes how the light is being disbursed and people don't often realize that which is why their brighter low beams now blind everyone.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have managed to get quite a lot done over the past couple weeks!

Tint has been applied at 20% all around

I installed a set of OEM rain guards

I wrapped the small silver accents on my dash with Avery digital snow camo vinyl. This is all I'm going to do with it on the inside. I may use it in small places outside as well but I don't want to go overboard and look tacky. Before passenger side

After passenger side

Before drivers side

After drivers side

Lastly, I couldn't find anywhere that sold clear reflectors for the rear bumper. The only ones I could find illuminated with the brake lights and I didn't want that. I had an ingenious idea to use silver reflector tape for exterior household use. I laid it on there and trimmed it to fit and voila. Clear reflectors!

Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
2010 Forester
1,280 Posts
Well at least I feel better knowing I'm not the only onw who has kicked themselves for selling their RS.

The stickers give me an idea though.... And I guess maybe I should start a journal for the SH Foz too...

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,653 Posts

·
Registered
'96 OBS
235 Posts
When I was at month 11 of my planned 3 month swap project I was really starting to look at other cars, but now that I'm done it's so worth it. Keep the faith!

@teeceRS: Non-stock interior pieces are usually not my thing, but I'm actually really digging the decals over the trim pieces. I think the subtlety is what makes it work.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I was at month 11 of my planned 3 month swap project I was really starting to look at other cars, but now that I'm done it's so worth it. Keep the faith!

@teeceRS: Non-stock interior pieces are usually not my thing, but I'm actually really digging the decals over the trim pieces. I think the subtlety is what makes it work.
I didn't want to put it everywhere because i didn't want to go overboard and it be overboard. The same generation STi has the exact same trim pieces but they're "carbon fiber" and Subaru wants $160 for them :wtf: .....so fuck that lol

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm always second guessing whether I should sell mine.
Don't you dare!!! I miss the shit out of my RS BUT it was so rusty and an auto; so i'm not 100% sad i sold it. I would really like another but I want a coupe and preferably a non-northern car and a 5 speed. Just to have and to tinker with. Oh! And i will keep it NA to annoy the shit out of my brother GOTJ :mamoru:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So Mother Nature has been having crazy mood swings lately. It went from 98-105° during the day to then drop to mid-60s overnight. Which is abnormal for this area. Usually it’s drop to mid 80s at night. So with that being said my TPMS started acting up. I filled all my tires as they were actually low, the light went off and then a couple miles down the road it started blinking. :unamused: The light has been on for a week now so I put some electrical tape over it.

This leads me to start thinking about putting my 17x8 Rota Boost wheels on the car. I’ve had them for about 3 years now. They’re on good tires and luckily the guy who bought my 2.5i didn’t want them so I got to keep them. They were pretty beat up (cosmetically) though. Well I ended up going through with it! I cleaned them up real good and gave them a fresh coat of the ColorShift paint that was already on them and went ahead and mounted them up!! At first I was hesitant but they’re growing on me.

My stock wheels are 17x7 +55 and these are 17x8 +48 so it’s not a huge difference but the tires are a lot better and these fill out the wheel well better!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Decided to wrap the chrome accents on my bumper & my badges with the same digital camo I used on the dash. I will be cutting out the stars but I’m not sure what color to do them in yet.

Also I Premium Auto Styling’s pre-cut yellow fog light vinyl for my fog lights.

Sometimes they’re blue

And sometimes they’re both lol

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Wrapped the clear section of my tail lights in yellow. Something I’ve always wanted to do. I love how it looks!

Added NineLine Apparel’s Pledge of Allegiance American flag decal to my back glass as well!

Oh and I’m considering doing the stars for the front & rear badges in glow in the dark. So during the day they’ll be white but at night they’ll glow green. Idk still can’t settle on what color I wanna do them honestly. I’m also considering pulling the camo off. Wrapping the emblems in white and then using my vinyl cutter to cut out the stars from the camo sheet. No clue yet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts