Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback, EJ253
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my 5MT on my 2001 Outback, well that's what my fiance is saying since I'm not home for another month. She says the 4th gear is grinding a bit at engage, not any other gears are having issues though, not to mention she says engagement takes longer than usual. Not sure of all the symtoms yet. The clutch and flywheel are fairly new, installed last year along with new fluid. Should I just get the 4th gear syncro changed or should I just go ahead and get a rebuild done on the tranny? The transmission itself has 170k miles on it or more since I drove it last.

How much am I looking at just changing the syncros? or doing the rebuild?

·
Registered
01 Legacy GTL
729 Posts
hey im having the same problem, but its the fifth gear... it grinds when you push into it... even with the clutch to the floor

·
Banned
4,588 Posts
Flush out the transmission fluid and put some uncle scotty's mix into it. If it still grinds then you have a problem.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback, EJ253
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flush out the transmission fluid and put some uncle scotty's mix into it. If it still grinds then you have a problem.
I'm looking to use a bandade to fix a transmission with 170,000 miles on it. I'm looking to replace parts on it that need replacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts