Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know they weight on the 4EAT? Would it fit into the trunk of my RS? Thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
2001 RS weighs 50 lbs more with 4eat, L weighs 70 lbs more.

Total weight? Dunno. I'd guess it's a buck fifty or two, but that's a complete guess. Would it fit in the trunk? Most likely it would, but if you're getting one from a junkyard (or otherwise used) it'll leak crap all over the trunk. You're better off going to U-Haul or Budget and renting a pickup for $20. Plus it would probably break your spare tire cover.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have already driven with one in my trunk. For about ten miles, stop and go driving. It fits just fine, but you might want something to prop it upright so it doesn't leak all over the place. It's a heavy [email protected]$%er, too. well over a hundred pounds.

Chris.:run:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Thanks. That sure does clear a lot of things up. Sometimes I wished I got an Automatic (smoothness of shifting), but after I drive it a little crazy down the road I'm really happy with my manual transmission.:checkit:

·
Registered
1997 V2 GF4
335 Posts
that mother f*cker is heavy, waaholy shiat! I couldnt believe how heavy it was! it took three of us to get one up onto the trans jack..

dont know the exact weight, but that son bitch is heavy!!!! and makes me use bad language in threads..

...glad I have only ever changed one....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts