Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
RIP: MY00 BRP 2.5RS Sedan 4EAT
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried putting their 4EAT on a dynojet? I got mine dynoed today at a local shop w/ an awd dynojet. once they started rolling... the rear tires would barely spin while the fronts were speeding up like normal (90/10 torque split in effect). it was hard to get accurate readings so I put the fuse in for FWD and adjusted the dyno to do FWD only and finally got some numbers down. anyone have a similar experience?

btw i got 123 whp to the front wheels and 135 lbs/ft of torque :D

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have never witness a car being dynoed before, so I have to ask how fast do they take the cars to? If it isn't too high, then couldn't you have locked the gear to 2nd and do the dyno that way. This being that the 1st and 2nd gear locks to diff. into a 50/50 split. Just wondering.

Ben

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Usually what you do is drive the car slowly up to (usually) 4th gear, or whatever gear you have a direct drive or closest to, then you gradually roll on the power up to redline. As for the top speed, that depends on the dyno. I'm not really sure what you do with an automatic.

·
Registered
RIP: MY00 BRP 2.5RS Sedan 4EAT
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we actually tried going all the way down to 1st gear... same thing.. the rears barely moved while the fronts were spinning faster.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sheeit...really? Then putting the car on 1st gear really doesn't lock it to 50/50. What a rip. Oh well...lucky there isn't snow here in LA.

Ben

·
Registered
286 Posts
Me too

huh....I have a 4EAT also. Interesting dilema. The center diff is electronic, so it should transfer power the the tires that have more grip (the ones spinning slower). I would ask a dealer you trust to explain the mechanics of the center diff. Also, I drive in the snow a lot, and more often then not, the center diff acts like an open diff, transfering power to the path of least resistence. Doesn't impress me. I am curious to know whats really going on.

-Andy

·
C U Next Tuesday
01 RS-T 390.3awhp/405tq
660 Posts
Sorry about bumping an old thread, but I just had this exact problem yesterday. Ended putting in the fuse for FWD and ran the dyno that way. Is there another alternative?

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Probably not. The only way to get a more split torque is for the fronts to lose traction. I think 1st and 2nd gears are 50/50, however. but that doesnt really matter when it comes to dynoing it.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru 2.5RS, Black
106 Posts
I'm not too sure how accurate g-tech's are, but mine said my 4eat makes 119 whp. I should be getting it dynoed soon, but isn't the torque split different on 02+ RS's?

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Impreza LX
1,668 Posts
wierd! i dynoed my 2.2l LX a while ago. there is a video of it floating around. anyway i did not encounter this problem. in the vid i am runing a phase 1 2.2l w/ turbo kit, @ 5psi, through a 4EAT. my numbers were not very impressive, due to a lack of tuning. also it is important to note that i dynoed on a dynodynamics. which reads lower than a dynojet, and IIRC puts more load on the rollers. also to note is that i had the car dynoed in 2nd gear. so that it was locked into a gear and did not shift on its own.

here is the thread w/ video and dyno charts. http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51694&highlight=turbo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts