Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the
Did you do these tests with the ignition on but the engine off? It sounds to me like you were running the vehicle on the jack stands, which would likely account for your variances.
I did the fwd test with ignition on but the engine was off (got 9.5 volts). Then I took the Fwd fuse out and ran full throttle in 1st gear (got 6.5 volts). And yes, all 4 wheels were off the ground. Was that a mistake? Should I do the 1st gear test on the street? Thanks

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
No I'd do all tests with the engine off, exactly as described in post #2. Ignition power does need to be on of course. If this is what you've already done, sorry, I misunderstood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No I'd do all tests with the engine off, exactly as described in post #2. Ignition power does need to be on of course. If this is what you've already done, sorry, I misunderstood.
I had engine on only for 1st gear, full throttle test. But first test with fwd fuse in, ignition was on but engine off. Not to be snide, but don’t I need the engine on to do a full throttle test?

·
Registered
6 Posts
SoCoNoHa, you were 100% correct. I let my assumptions screw this up. I did all tests with just the ignition on and it worked perfectly. With fwd fuse in I got 9.5 volts, with fwd fuse out, 1st gear, and just pressing the gas with engine off, I got 0.37 volts as expected.

When I read “open throttle” in the fsm, I assumed that meant engine on. Totally wrong assumption. You saved me I’m sure several hours of literally and figuratively spinning my wheels. Much appreciated. Thank you , thank you. I’m going to cut my wire and install.
What a screw up but you saved my ass .

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
718 Posts
Hey no worries, glad it's all sorted. Do you live in an area that gets snow? If so, I'm excited for you! This mod is the balls!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey no worries, glad it's all sorted. Do you live in an area that gets snow? If so, I'm excited for you! This mod is the balls!
Thanks again. Yep, all good. My diff lock is working! I’m excited as well.
I’m in Boulder county Colorado, so I will get some snow. And I’ll definitely be making trips to the high country this winter, so it will be tested. Much appreciated for talking me through it.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts