Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 01 RS for sale near me and just had a couple of questions about them. I wasn’t really looking for an auto, I just have been looking for a RS for awhile and this happened to pop up. Are the 5 speed and 4eat basically the same except the trans? I’ve also heard that the 4eat is stronger than a manual trans. The car I have found has an awful interior which was redone by someone so its red and grey leather with an S stitched in the front seats. How much would a seat of nice seats (front and rear) go for or would it be better/easier to just get them reupholstered to something like basic black cloth. I just need to know if I should pass this up and keep searching or pick it up and finally get the car I’ve wanted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im basically going to use it as my daily driver until im done with school, I might autox it but I want a 5 speed for that so I can use my dad track miata for that. I might consider a swap after college and maybe a swap to manual aswell. I will probably only put an exhaust on for the rumble but I know exhaust on autos dont sound as good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to wait but ive waited long enough haha. Plus I wont have to clutch through traffic everyday to and from school but it takes the fun out of it I guess. It also has only 127,000 miles which seems pretty low from others ive seen.

·
Registered
A Blue RS
2,975 Posts
I want to wait but ive waited long enough haha. Plus I wont have to clutch through traffic everyday to and from school but it takes the fun out of it I guess. It also has only 127,000 miles which seems pretty low from others ive seen.
Has it had headgaskets and t belt done? I spun a bearing at 119k so its really about how maintained it is

-crash

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,168 Posts
i've never had a 4EAT RS, but i almost bought one.

Point is you'll always be wanting the 5 speed, so i'd say just hold out and find the right one. Took me 6 months to find the right RS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've never had a 4EAT RS, but i almost bought one.

Point is you'll always be wanting the 5 speed, so i'd say just hold out and find the right one. Took me 6 months to find the right RS
Yeah thats the thing. I have an auto Nissan SE-R right now and im always finding myself wanting a manual but its still a blast to drive until the breaks lock up and I go sliding out into traffic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.