Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there running a 42mm offset wheel? If so, what size tire are you using? I'm running a 42mm offset with 215/45 17 tires and have been getting some rubbing on the fenderlip at the very top of the arch. I have removed the rubber trim piece on the fender, and if all else fails, plan on rolling the fender lip to get the clearance. I hope to avoid the rolling.:cool: :cool: Thanks!!

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
I run a 215/40/17 on a 50mm offset and it rubs under hard cornering. Mine rub on the liner. I removed the liner on one side and it now shreds the tire. Don't take the liner off unless you are rolling the lip! Actually now that I think about it the only time it rubbed after I removed the liner was when there were three girls in the back seat. So if you plan on putting 300 lbs in the back of your car take corners carefully.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lowered???

Puckaveli - Thanks for the reply! How wide are your rims? Is your car lowered or does it have aftermarket performance springs? Just checking to eliminate variables. Thanks again!!!:) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts