Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
going to attempt the hella horn install as well as finish wiring the gauge. any chance there is a single gauge pod for the a pillar? also my boost gauge is really dark is it ok to wire up illumination to ign 12volt as well

·
Registered
01 white GF
2,337 Posts
Look on glow shifts website they have a bunch of pillars and pods on there.

My car is obdii, but I don't have emissions where I'm at. Knock on wood.

I don't see why you couldn't hook the illumination to 12v, it just won't dim like it would I you hooked it to your gauge cluster. Worth a shot imo

·
Registered
179 Posts
head light fell during monsoon/microburst.

any one know where i can get glass replacement?

Paint is done doesnt match at all lololol
better than dirty ass rust

Does this gasket look good?
Headlight: I got a nice one off ebay

Gaskets: Get new OEM subaru gaskets or Grimmspeed, it's a major issue when turbo gaskets go bad, trust me I've reused gaskets. You'll probably get away with that one, but it's not worth it.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I bought the single gauge pod for the 95-00 LHD Impreza. Pulled the A-pillar off and pulled the vaccum hose through. Looks like I drill into the a pillar to feed the line and wiring through. Looks to be easy. I have the harness all pieced together for the Hellas just need some hardware to mount them and I can go from there.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
643 Posts
I've done it for an wideband, just drill a couple of holes (or dremel) just big enough to fit the wiring and vacuum hose. It's a pretty easy install. Recommend sitting in the drivers seat and positioning it where it is at a comfortable/natural viewing level, then marking for drill.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
Also how do you guys go about priming everything before start up?
friend of mine is going to japan he said i can give him cash and he will buy anything that will fit in his back pack. any ideas? mainly rare stuff. i am seeing what kind of shift knobs i should get for the 6mt

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5rs
2,295 Posts
I just unplugged the fuel pump and went off and on with cranking it until the oil pressure light turned off.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
i have some pictures to upload when i get off work. i just need to route the harness in the engine bay properly. cut the upper radiator hose. accessory belts,tmic,dp o2 sensor , and let the priming begin

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
I didn't merge it myself, i sent it off to zephyr on nasioc. A friend of mine locally has praised him highly so i trust his work. Now maybe the next swap i do i'll give it a shot but honestly i think ill send it out again haha. If your trying to save some cash don't just send it out a lot less of a headache for you. i already have had so many hiccups, it would really suck if it didn't run right upon start up.

A/C : well i have some searching to do i thought i could run usdm a/c but it seems to be hitting the intake manifold piece. i swapped the GD JDM compressor back over but the hose that connects to the condenser has too small of a nipple. if i cant find a solution i will run with no a/c problem with that is ARIZONA BAY.

Radiator Fans: I also thought that running GD fan shrouds would be ok, and have found out wrong. The GD motor is a very tight fit so the upper and lower hoses rub on the thick shrouds. i particularly don't like that and realize i have to cut the hoses. i am going to locate a set of mishimoto slim fans unless other wise is recommended.

101 - 120 of 271 Posts