Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
well /ff i didnt post pictures up of the goodies. been busy with work and school over the summer. on a good note i passed differential equations soo thats tight. i bought an samco inlet ,cobb sf intake, and an grimspeed up pipe for 300 off a local guy. also will be ordering engine internals monday and i plan to have the long block together by august. all that will be left will be fp green and fic 1100s + a tune. hope to be back on the road half way into the fall semester

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Since the car has finally been running shit kind of went south for me. wife left me for another dude so I have been trying to bounce back from that. My gift to myself for trudging on through that shit was a full wrapp. A friend and I wrapped the car within two weeks time between my part time jobs. We also deleted the side moldings as well as restored some of the exterior trim pieces.
here are some shots of the car :

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Not sure that i updated, i had an issue with when i tried to start the car the starter would click and not engage. battery checked out good, starter checked out good. ended up replacing my ignition switch. running two keys now. only problem to address right now is the afr gauge error 8. innovate seems to think that there is a voltage drop at the positive source. i think its their sensor. i will update with what i find.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Update: innovate sent me an new sensor for my afr kit. it worked for about a month or so and then continued to Error out. with the E8 code. ill contact them in the future but i have more bad news....
December 23 , 2018 : I was on an interstate with not much traffic around so i wanted to see how fast the car could go. at about 6k rpms in 6th gear i felt a weird give and so i let off the throttle...too late
cylinder 4 now has a crack.

The car will sit for at most 9 months. Im going to part out whats salvageable in terms of parts i wont need for the next transition to this car.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Subbed in.
thanks man! i figure we need more gc content on the youtube. ill post on here as well for the builds progress. at the moment im making some changes to the logo i want for the banner and stuff. once those are finalized ill probably whore out the link. first video was longer than what i wanted it to be.

241 - 260 of 271 Posts