Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

221 - 240 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
Not sure on the build date of twin scroll,no money left over at the moment. i will just take the summer between semesters and work a-lot to fund the parts for the build. Luckily i have someone who has built a few performance subaru builds localy and also is an engineer and is down to mentor me through the process of building. Currently cylinder 1 piston looks as if it melted. fingers crossed that damages are only to the piston.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
i probably should have taken pictures of what im salvaging.
The plan is:
IAG Combustion Chamber match up
207 heads to 2.5 l short block
BNIB sti crank
eagle hbeam rods
king main/rod bearings
wiseco pistons
ARP Head studs
some kind of titanium springs and retainers
leaving cams alone as long as they are good

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Thanks man!I reside in Gilbert. Car is at uncles in Apache Junction. Where abouts are you located? what was your name i may have met you some where along the lines at the pavs or superstore meet.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
Cool. I'm in Tucson. We def haven't met, I just moved back to AZ 1.5 years ago and haven't made it to any meets. I own a 13 hatch and 98rs but selling my hatch so I can swap my RS. It already has a ej255 and legacy jdm tranny but something is wrong with it and since I'm not a pro mechanic I'm just going to drop probably an ej207/257/6 speed so I know it's good. I'm sure it will be a huge task since as I said I'm not a pro mechanic.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
just make sure you run some sort of AFR to avoid leaning out like i did haha. takes time and money. if you rely on it as your daily make sure you have plenty of money and all the parts you need so you can get it done in a timely manner. There will be hiccups.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
Thanks man it will probably be only driven a couple times a week, non daily. But I do plan to get what is needed and not cut any corners.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
Awesome thanks, can you come do the swap? lol I have learned the current engine has a spun bearing so it will be coming out.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
im finishing up swaping a friends car, i dont know that ill do it again haha. but if you were more local i would deff help as much as i could.
Haha yea I'm sure it gets old fast. Yea I'm sure I'll be ok I have friends that know cars. I just might have to ask you some questions if something isn't right. You had a 207 right? Believe that is what I'm going for. Also saw you were wingless at one time, was that a wingless trunk? If so and your not using it wanna sell it?

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
yeah man just trust the forums and read a lot. What year Rs do you have or L? also which 207 version 7 or 8? i can be of help with strange parts you wouldn't think about. yeah I have a friend that wants to buy the trunk but he has flaked out once before. how often do you come up to the valley? the paint turned out ok it just needs a 1500 grit wets and to possibly bring out the gloss. its blue ridge pearl.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
124 Posts
I have a 98 rs that is wired already with an 02 ECu and wiring. Not sure which version 207, probably which ever works best.
Well I'm ready to buy a wingless trunk. No worries about the paint. I don't leave Tucson much but could make a trip if needed. So let me know and I'll probably come get it.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Yeah man i could use the cash if you want to make the journey up to here i could meet at like where the I-10 and 202 meet. 75 bucks and its yours. also you just swap your lock and latch over too its empty at the moment.

221 - 240 of 271 Posts