Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car is always evolving. The sedan is on its way out and im beginning to swap the parts remaining from the sedan over to my newly aquired rbp coupe. will try to update thread. make sure to sub to the channel for all the content!

@tkirkmedia

4/16/2014
First day home

Engine:
Heads: (V7 207) BC titanium springs and retainers Chamber matched from 2.0 (DEAD)
Short Block(2.5): Manley pistons also DEAD
Manley H Beam rods
Sti heat treated crank
Arp head studs
id1050 x injectors

Turbo:

koyo radiator from 99-01 RS refer to nasioc ultimate radiator thread for solution
in fender coolant over flow.
Trans:
6 Speed non dccd w R180

Suspension:
generation 6 Fortune auto 500 with swift spring upgrade.

perrin front and rear sway bars with stout mounts

Grip: bbs 5x100 in silver (michelin ts4)

Brakes:BREMBOS

pictures will be posted on the last page of current progress.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
*this post is reserved for the end game of this car. -rotated turbo-closed deck-double pump ethanol setup. this will not take place until i finish my Mechanical Engineering degree at Arizona State University. Fork Em.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks evaded, meant to upload this last night.

i plan to take better res shots with the cannon as soon as i am waiting for parts.

Planning today(4/20/14 update): motor tear down begins as well as destruction evaluation.

Going to get the carbon build up removal brush tomorrow. With hopes of getting it cleaned up by mid week.

Parts list has been started.
:bot:

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update (4/21/2014)
Motor is torn down to where it needs to be, really doesnt look to bad for having 180 k on it. a little dirty.

Also started detailing interior/exterior: Previous owner liked taking his dog with him mountain biking so the car is caked in dirt and dog hair.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you, ill have more pics soon. currently the heads are being resurfaced and being put into the vat tomorrow. the block needs to be checked out wiht a straight edge to make sure the tolerances check out. so right now im on clean up duty.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't have the biggest update with news as to whether or not the block is within tolerance. But here are some progress pictures.

Can you run this?

head bolts cleaned up.

The remaining pieces of the heads that need to be cleaned up that cant go into the vat.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya the kgb swiped the swap from under me, its ok 190k on motor auto trans still think i t was worth 1500 minus the choilla.

back on track with the heads and such parts accruing and i am due for a photo update.

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rarely, haha dime a dozen out here. but im on the outskirts of phoenix in the east valley called queen creek. and jap car real good is in da hood phx.

1 - 20 of 271 Posts