Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask you if any have heard of or are perhaps using the refrigerant reforms which is called "4 cylinder cooling mode" is applicable to subaru models with DOHC engine only, this small and simple reform emulates the coolant circulation balance of subaru twin turbo boxer engines. adding a duct where in those of a single turbo it does not equip. theoretically resulting in improved cooling in the left cylinder head & balancing LH to RH temps, I would like to know if any have heard about this or if have tried it, and if the application of this reform has yielded a good result? Thank you!

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,506 Posts
It sounds like you are talking about this, or something similar?:

I've driven turbo subarus for over a decade, never had an issue with cylinder 4. Maybe if my car was running serious boost, and was tuned to the limit, then I could use this. Maybe it would be useful for a track car?

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,151 Posts
Check out Dom, getadomtune. The guy has a pile of degrees. He's not just ridiculously smart, he also has been in love with subarus for as long as they been around. He has built and or broke more engines than you could imagine. Cylinder 4 Chamber Cooling System
Alot of very high hp guys in the ej world use this MOD.
Ymmv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts