101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Congrats! Looks like a sweet home

Thanks Jessica!
So we closed on April 4, did some work to the house for a couple weeks and then moved in on the 19th! My fiancé said “it made her uncomfortable squeezing both cars in the garage” so because I refused to buy a house without a garage she said it’s all mine.

Couldn’t be happier in the house. I’ve been building a lot of projects. I built a coffee table out of pine, refurbished and painted a sofa table, built two end tables solely out of pallets and my current project is a bar out of pallets and pine.

As for the car I got a new front lip and attempted to fix the front bumper.

Popped my headlights open and painted them black.

My HIDs are on their way out so I’m gonna order a set of LEDs to try that out.

Axles and a new thermostat are on the agenda. Car started getting warmer than average at idle. Don’t worry I did a bunch of tests. The headgaskets are still good. Probably gonna need valve cover gaskets though, I’m starting to see oil on my headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Put a new thermostat in the car about 3 weeks ago and as soon as I pulled the car in the garage yesterday it started to overheat. Coolant was squirting out the top of the radiator. Looks like I need a new one. Great

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,740 Posts
Did you use an OEM from Subaru T-stat? I've never had any luck with anything but.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Did you use an OEM from Subaru T-stat? I've never had any luck with anything but.

I didn’t use OEM but the thermostat is working great.

I noticed a small crack in the upper radiator inlet (radiator side) when doing the thermostat and it apparently grew and caused the leak and overheating. So I do need a new radiator. I’m tempted to get one second hand as long as it’s in good condition. I reaaaally don’t want to pay $200+ BUT I did notice rock auto has them for under $100. Has anyone had good/any experience with rock auto radiators?

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Update:
about a week or so later I found a wrx radiator locally for $80 with the fans. Swapped it in and the car has been running smoothly since.

I got tired of looking at my sagging, thrashed bumper and swapped it out with a brand new unpainted stock bumper I've had for about a year now. Cars finally starting to look better. slowly but surely i'll piece her back together. I've been considering wrapping the car seeing as it'd be cheaper to wrap the whole car than it'd be to have the front clip sprayed and blended.

Also my fiance wanted something bigger than her Nissan Rogue and we found her a 2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ black with light grey interior. That's mainly what i've been spending my money on lately.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)

Fiancé’s truck btw. It's been tinted 2 layers of 20% on the front windows and 20% over factory, white LEDs everywhere, black bow ties, and changed out the chrome TAHOE & LTZ emblems for black ones.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
Found a guy in WV selling a pair of side skirt extensions for a really good deal so I jumped on it. I'll post when I get them on the car. I've wanted a pair for a very long time now, so I'm very excited!!! :banana:

here they are on the sellers car

I realize now I never posted about this but the Bride shift boot was getting worn out and I love me some galaxy printed anything so I bought this galaxy print boot from Stitch Boots and put my acrylic shift knob on.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #114 (Edited)
After much anticipation I was able to install my replica Chargespeed bottom line kit. Naturally I made the process 10x harder than it needed to be but hell it's done and I love them! :blol:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
now paint that damn bumper!!
Probably going to find a wrap as close to the car color as I can and wrap it and the other small bits that need to be color matched. The cheapest paint quote I've received so far for a pint of garnet red pearl is $350 and that would just about cover the bumper. I can get wrap for a whole lot cheaper.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #119 (Edited)

I put the roof rack on for winter shenanigans.

now paint that damn bumper!!

I did! Here it is freshly painted! The fog light covers will be painted in two weeks but the bumper itself is going into storage for the winter. It is said that NC is due for a decent winter. If that does happen I'd rather not risk damaging the bumper. So she'll make an appearance on the car come spring!

As for the old broken red bumper that is back on the car: the fog lights are in rough shape, so I'm going to cut out the fog light tunnels and somehow mount an old set of Hella 500ff lights from the Legacy into said openings for winter shenanigans! I plan to cut the old harness off the stock lights and somehow use them for easy connect/disconnect into the stock system.

Other than that I got married on 10/6/18 and my Kicker 300xz amp I've had since 2006 ultimately gave out on me so I will be replacing that but it's not high on the priority list.

I also plan to chuck the LED low beams I currently have and go back to using Phillips Crystal Vision bulbs. They were really great on my last two Subaru's and inexpensive.

And lastly, every winter I swap out my 17s for my stock 16s because they have nearly new all season tires on them which handle much better in subfreezing temperatures than my summer tires do. So that and taking my side skirts with the extensions off for the winter should come in the next few weeks.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Got my new amp. Coworker happens to work at Best Buy on the side and was able to score my the newest version of my current Kicker 300.1zx amp! Oh how I've missed bass

101 - 120 of 124 Posts