Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

$3500 to spend...

656 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Storm 
Are there any more mods than what's at the bottom of your post? I have a 1.8 as well, and I definitely know what you mean about needing more "oomph". I have considered many times what would be the most reliable way to get more power out of it without hurting it. You could probably go turbo and run 4-5 psi and not have to worry about too many problems, in my opinion. I would love to do that to my car, but I don't have the money right now. You could get some KYB struts and some less expensive springs and then spend the rest on a turbo. That is probably what I would do. Subachad on this board has a '93 1.8 that he turbo'd and his website is very helpful-you may want to check that out. He did his for about $1500 and even makes the up and down pipes for the 1.8. I emailed him a few times and he was very helpful. I hope this helps a little bit, and let us know what you decide to do. :D

If I recall correctly, the EJ18 and EJ20 parts are interchangable, as they share the same block, and the EJ22 and EJ25 parts are interchangable, as they share the same block. I'm about 85% sure on this. Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.