Soon to have: EVO 8 front seats

A little history first.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Mini Cooper
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Back in .. 2000 i saw one Galant with a front mount while i was mowing some lawns, i went home and looked it up and was instantly hooked. That was the last Galant i ever saw till Feb 2007, when i took ownership of #338/2000.
I purchased the car from a friend of a friend from Colorado, Steve. Steve was and is a huge DSM fan and had a good past of them with a few 500hp dsm's. Steve was looking to cut down on some of his cars and i got a call from my brother saying he was selling his freshly rebuilt VR-4. Luck happened to be on my side i was in WI with a connecting flight in CO on my way to CA i also had a 3 hr layover. What better to do than test drive a car then sitting around waiting for your flight. The car had power but it was also hitting fuel cut. I had steve drop the boost and i said i would buy it. I sold the RS in 3 days and picked of 338 with cash. Steve's friend drove the car from Colorado for me in one night and dropped it off. it was raining dark day, it was also a cool day,I drove the car for the second time ever. It was a different animal all together at sea level, it had power, a lot of power, i could spin the tires in the rain in first gear i had a big grin all day long and 2 gas tanks later i parked it,packed my bags and left for the desert.

God i hate those rims. first on my list was get rid of those god forsaken ugly ass rims.

Fast forward 4 months later and 8k$ later i had money and a lot of parts sitting around at friends houses.
I went to pick the Galant up and was happy to be driving something else then a metro box van all day. Packed the car up full of boxes and went home.

I had a lot of parts ALOT
The day after i got home it started!

These baby's are so Fing sweet i felt bad buying them there so dang expensive

Here they are in all there glory. Hotbits suspension with 400lbs front spring rate and 390lbs rear spring rate with custom valving. And there also 35 way adjustable. sex in a box no joke.

so i started to tear the car apart everything was going really smooth nothing to rusted ( originally a AZ car ) till i hit the left rear shock. The lower bushing was stuck and i mean stuck i used a huge crow bar to gently pry the shock from the hub. once it poped off i thought i was home free, O but i failed to notice i didn't get all of the shock off of 338.

This bugger was stuck on there so i cut all of the rubber off and went at it.
After all was said and done and 5hrs later i had the suspension and rims on
Front

Rear

I never got any close ups of my baller rims but there Advan RC's and i don't have any close ups of them yet
Heres some more pics after i got the car all sorted

·
Registered
2.5rs 2000 STM
611 Posts
LOL hey jake so you finally got your Frankentien in here LOL! Ill getyou the Auto X pics, i have them on my harddrive drop by the house when you want.

·
Registered
94 Mini Cooper
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL hey jake so you finally got your Frankentien in here LOL! Ill getyou the Auto X pics, i have them on my harddrive drop by the house when you want.
ill hit you up today for those pics and vids.

·
Registered
2 95 Impreza L's
1,158 Posts
I have a GVR4, i forgot what number it is though, 7.. its a 91, i'll find out, the thing kept breaking and breaking on me every week till i just gave up and put it in storage

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
The brochure says they have four wheel steering... but it doesn't look like the rear wheels are turned in any of the pics...

·
Registered
2 95 Impreza L's
1,158 Posts
Also really only during slow speed things like parking. At highway speeds, the rear wheels move in the same direction as the front wheels for easier lane changing.
at least thats what they state, mine just pisses power steering fluid at highway speeds :clap:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts