Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
300lbs weight diff?

Ok! I have seen this on every board. The infamous "the New Age RS weighs 300lbs more than the previous models"

This is starting to sound like Internet-Speak to me with no facts to back it up but people just hear it and repeat it.

So, if you truly believe this, find me official stats for this statement (factory specs, NOT weight-after-removing-spare-tire-all-engine-brackets-and-replacing-every-bolt-in-the-car :)

To start off, the Subaru site claims for the New Age RS:
Curb Weight (manual): 2965 lbs
For the WRX: 3085 lbs

So far I have found these weights from review sites (all curb weight for manuals)
MY00: 2800
MY01: 2820

So far that's a 165lbs difference I have found. If anyone can find official information showing the "300 lbs weight difference" post here.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I have posted these numbers before, but here is what the Subaru Product Specification Guides say....

2001 rs 2dr 2820 4dr 2825

2002 rs 4dr 2965

2002wrx 4dr 3085

So this would mean 140 pound differance compairing 4dr to 4dr, RS

260 pound differance betwean the wrx and a 4dr gc8, and a 265 pound differance betwean a wrx and a 2dr gc8.

Most of the time poeple are refuring to these numbers they are compairing the WRX to a 2dr GC8. Not GC8 to a new '02 RS.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, cool. Even so, 160lbs is still a nice 5-6hp difference effectively (if you go by that 100lbs = 4hp which is a huge guestimate)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You honestly think you can do a 5.8sec 1/4 time? Or do you mean you can drive your car faster than most WRX drivers can drive their car? I would have no problem believing the latter...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
obsidian said:
You honestly think you can do a 5.8sec 1/4 time? Or do you mean you can drive your car faster than most WRX drivers can drive their car? I would have no problem believing the latter...
Did you mean to say 5.8 0-60 time?? 5.8 sec 1/4 mile time would be nice and with the proper NOS shot I bet I could do that:checkit: . But I am refuring to real driving, mountain roads and stuff.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
TMRRALLY said:
The sad part about it is, I have added about 400 pounds to my car and I am still faster than most WRX's.
I seriously doubt that!drive faster and better driver perhaps! but not faster than most WRX's.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
OH! he ment referring, got ya'!
refuring...unless this is a new addition to the english dictionary.
Refuring-the art of adding fur?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That was kind of funny, but as we all know, it is public knowlage that I can't spell. I will always fall back on that. I haven't herd Flakk admit to his ability to destroy the english language:stinky:

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
TMRRALLY said:
That was kind of funny, but as we all know, it is public knowlage that I can't spell. I will always fall back on that. I haven't herd Flakk admit to his ability to destroy the english language:stinky:
WTF last time I saw a herd is at a ranch...you probably ment Heard (as in the verb right?)...you know...as in, I haven't heard...?
and if that's your only excuse then...you are going to have to come with another one soon!

I admit it sometimes my sentences don't come out the way I want them to, that I will admit!:stinky:

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
TMRRALLY said:
Maybe we can get James to put a spell check function in the post reply page. :stupid:
Hey! (but as Sean Says Hay! what are fucking Horses!) there has been great improvements in technology since the 90's there is this wonderful thing called MS word! why not use spell check when you can't spell a word!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I actually do that some times. But you know that takes time, I'm very buisy around here and don't have time to spell check every word using MS:checkit:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, Frakk! Stop bugging Sean so he can keep working on stuff for my car! :biggest:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts