Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what's involved in the 30,000 mile tuneup for a MY01 RS. i didn't want to have to shell out hundreds of dollars at the dealership (they said $695!), so i was going to do most of it myself. what do i need to do other than oil change, tranny oil change, differential oil change, plugs, wires, brake pads, brake fluid flush, and radiator flush?

TIA,
takashi

·
Registered
2000 BRP RS coupe
351 Posts
I think that you got most of it, other than that, you should check out the maintainance guide that came with the owner's manual. I think that you only need to check the pads for wear and replace if necessary. My dealer said that usually they don't replace the wires for 30k, but it's not a bad idea to change them either.

·
Premium Member
00RS 04STI
953 Posts
I'm surprised that you're being charged!! When I brought my 00RS in for that service it was free. I purchased mine in New Orleans. :run:

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
look in the maintenence thing and do it yourself... it's all rather easy... Just keep receipts proving all you did, just in case subaru wants proof...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
yeah, its super easy. there is lots of stuff to do though so, especially if you're doing it yourself you might want to break it up over 2 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts