Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
00 RS COUPE, 98 OBS, & 02 WRX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a bunch of 3.3Ω resistors to turn off your airbag lights or for anything that you can use a 3.3Ω; resistor for. Prices are shipped to anywhere in the U.S. Just PM me and Ill ship them right to your door. Get deals if you buy more than 2!

Pricing:
1- $3.00
2- $5.00
3-$7.75
4-$9.50
5-$12.25
10-$20
50-$35
100-$50
OBO

Installation: This is for the seats.

Here is the female connector:

This is the resistor bent:

Final Product:

Sorry for it being so blurry stupid cell phone pics

Then just tape it up i also found out to put them both in check to make sure they shut it off before tape up. but the ends are a little long so you can put them in see how far they stick out then guestimate on trimming them up and they will go flush with the female connector.

Full Disclosure: I am not responsible for any injuries caused if in an accident. You may do this modification on your on will knowing that you are working with the Airbags and safety equipment of your vehicle

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
I wouldn't buy those ebay resistors. You'll just keep getting an airbag light with them.

3.3 megohm = 3,300,000 ohm

Radio Shack is a bit of a ripoff, but you can go buy a 3.3 ohm 1/4 watt resistor there for $1 or less. That or buy off this guy. Whatever works.

·
Registered
01 GC6 AW
230 Posts

·
Registered
1999 rs
70 Posts
I just did a 02 wrx swap on my car and couldnt figure out why my air bag light was on. Is it really this easy to fix or should i still have to source the problem?

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
You probably have to source the problem. The resistor is for when you're missing an airbag or airbags.

If you did a full WRX swap, dash, ecu, airbag system, etc, then the resistor would be a fix for probably missing seat airbags. Outside of that, you probably have some kind of wiring issue somewhere.

·
Registered
00 RS COUPE, 98 OBS, & 02 WRX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty flexible with the price on them thats why I have OBO on them and normally if someone buys one I'll throw an extra one in there just so they have an extra. I also dont normally put this in the thread but if you buy from me and need some more for yourself or a friend I sell them to a repeat customer for $1 a piece you just have to show proof that I sold them to you. I've been selling these on nasioc.com for awhile and have had a lot of happy customers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts