98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Blam. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS coupe
1,034 Posts
damn that is pretty ... do you just drive with kmh reading or is there some sort of converter so it actually read mph

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm canadian, so I'm used to Km/h...

But no, I wouldn't recommend trying to replace the backing. You run a good chance of messing up the gauge that way, and they aren't cheap.

I've driven several cars that were in mp/h, and honestly after a couple weeks you get used to it, and the standard speedlimits become second nature.

35mph = 50km/h
55mph = 90km/h
70mph = 110km/h

Everything else you can sort of ballpark pretty easily.

·
Registered
367 Posts
ive always had a question when it comes to swapping a cluster: does the odometer read that of the previous car? or is there a way to swap the cluster and keep your current odometer readings?

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. It's inside the cluster.

You have to fill out a thing if you sell the car saying what the old odometer reading was.

·
Registered
367 Posts
iGotcha. so you fill it out at time of odometer swap, im guessing. all in all, i like that cluster. Looks really nice.

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,650 Posts
With a cluster that has the physical rolling numbers, you can roll them back very carefully. I've done it with an Impreza cluster, but it would take like a year to roll 200k back to 50k. It's do-able with the black-faced 93-98(?) L clusters.

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get the 280km/hr face? dont they come with a 180km/hr face?
Ya it's a factory option, you can still buy them new from subaru of japan, but they are big dough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts