Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1997, Impreza Brighton, Green
60 Posts
From the looks of the pic I wouldn't bother with it, the fitment looks rough!

My car finally got shipped to the auto body shop yesterday. I seriously can't wait to see how this is going to turn out. I really wish I coulda went the Aerosim route.

I wonder how good/bad this one is ^ (just for front bumper) The corner lights don't look like they fit, and that mesh is garbage, but?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

Any aftermarket parts always require proper fitting to make perfect. The real difference is within the quality of the material used. Cheap stuff will spider crack and will probably have extremely poor quality.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My kit has been on for 2 years now with no issues, fingers crossed. My issue with the Aerosim kit when I was looking was that it isn't a 22B kit and more of a WRC kit. My other option was launsport for a proper 22B kit with OEM fuel door. However the pricing to Canada was ridiculous compared to the ABW kit.

·
Registered
1997, Impreza Brighton, Green
60 Posts
Does anyone know if the Aerosim kit 60mm?

I'm looking at wheels and trying to gauge offset choices for my build.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,583 Posts
Sorry I am late to this thread haha. The ABW kit is great. Awesome fitment and molded off a real 22B. Shipping isn't terrible to America. It will require a competent bodyman, this is not a novice task!
Looks really good! They state 60mm on the website, is that total or each side? What are your wheel and tire specs if you don't mind me asking?

I have the Aerosim kit and I was able to fit 18x9.5 +30 with 275-35-18 tires. With my calculations off of my my wheel specs stock the Aerosim kit looks to be about 40-50mm or so each side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My kit is NOT the +60mm superwide. Mine is just the standard 22B kit. Wheels are currently 17x9 +28. I have some room for more just haven't afforded to move on with the car yet.

·
Registered
2001, Impreza 2.5 RS
30 Posts
I've got the 6ovrcrst kit. Fitment is really good from my tests and I'm just waiting for shop availability it put it on this summer! It's about 2" wider at each wheel well.

·
Premium Member
Donk It.
1,696 Posts
I’m planning to go widebody on my swapped coupe soon, but it looks like Aerosim is no longer around. Anyone know what happened to him? I was super excited about his carbon kit...

given the age of this thread, what widebody options are still around that you guys have used and would recommend for some pretty high impact street and track driving? Quality and fitment are more important to me than price, given the cost of a project like this in total.

has anyone checked out this guy? Looks like a pretty crazy setup, but is very intriguing: https://www.antonenko555.com/products/wide-body-kit-wrc-prodrive-subaru-impreza-gc8/

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
950 Posts
I’m planning to go widebody on my swapped coupe soon, but it looks like Aerosim is no longer around. Anyone know what happened to him? I was super excited about his carbon kit...

given the age of this thread, what widebody options are still around that you guys have used and would recommend for some pretty high impact street and track driving? Quality and fitment are more important to me than price, given the cost of a project like this in total.

has anyone checked out this guy? Looks like a pretty crazy setup, but is very intriguing: Wide Body Kit WRC Prodrive for Subaru Impreza GC8 - Force DREAMS - By Antonenko
Aerosim is still around. Aerosim_research.com, the fiberglass kit hasnt been on the site for a while but when I talked to them last the were still producing them. I would hit them up through facebook tho, they're pretty responsive.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts