Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

You're gonna need all your nickels and dimes to buy this one...

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
149 Posts
This popped up in my newsfeed this morning. If all of us peasants banded together, do you think we could raise the funds to buy it collectively? Do like a Time Share type situation? ;) Though, if we do pursue that, we might need to watch out because that guy who popped on here a few months ago to lord his two 22Bs over us might swoop in and buy a third for himself.

Jokes aside, I'll be watching this. Highly interested to see what the winning bid is.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder what it would cost to make your own "22b?"

-Clean RS Coupe
-22b style Widebody Kit
-22b style Bumpers and fenders and wing
-Paint
-Ej20K STI heads and EJ22T built short block
-Iwire Wiring
-Standalone ecu
-5mt DCCD trans and 4.44 R180 rear diff
-4pot/2pot brakes
-Wide track conversion from 2005-2007 STI and suspension
and so on.

I'd go with more modern heads and wiring (Version 7-9 ej207) and a proper 6mt personally.

·
Registered
105 Posts
To do it correctly with right hand drive is likely going to be upwards of $35,000, you can cut corners and have it 90% 22B for probably half that. I was going to wait until I can import one and swap the 2.0 shortblock for a 2.2. Then with the suspension and exterior mods you'll basically have the same car for about $20.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL, a good car over a house I am pretty sure that you don't have a family yet. At the of the day it is still your choice.
Well normally I would agree that a house is a better investment than a car, but with a 22B its only gonna go up in value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts