Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Coupe - Aspen W
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about getting some 225/45ZR17 for my 08 WRX rims. The car is a 96 OBS wagon. I currently have some Falken 512 215-40-17 but they look stretched. What are everyone's thoughts on them fitting with nothing done. My choices on struts are... 02 WRX wagon with Skunk 2 springs (what are currently on) Or KYB AGX adjustable's with Tein greens.

Mainly looking for a tire that will fit the wheel better then these current ones, and still fit under my car without rubbing or modding. What has everyone else done?

Here are the tires BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

·
serenity now
AW 99 2.5rs, LRP 11 wrx
4,126 Posts
I had some s tech springs for a few months you will have to do some roll and pull to fit that size, I have 225/45/17 on my rs fine with my current ride hight.

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
skip the Tein-ricetechs. Those springs are terrible

They probably look stretched because they're a 40 series tire. 2008 wrx wheels should be 17x7.5 at the most so 215s should fit fine on there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Teins came with the AGXs. Cool, thanks for the info! Ill probally just go with the 215/45/17s. Already got the AGX's from a friend any recommendations on the springs, I have yet to even put these on yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I don't mind my stechs, and like the ride height a lot. .02

Also I want to see those wheels on an obs, specifically mine.
I really love how the wheels look and fit! As far as springs go you are liking the Teins? Always liked your car :D. Also what tires are you running?

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...8744948831_579343830_8866497_2048572372_n.jpg

Aphex,
Thanks, ill take a look at those.
Not really looking to lower it much, just wanted alittle more handling. I don't really care about being "hella flush".

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
Aphex,
Thanks, ill take a look at those.
Not really looking to lower it much, just wanted alittle more handling. I don't really care about being "hella flush".
If that's the case, try finding a set of Prodrive springs. They only lower the car 20mm, but IMO they match very well with stock/gr2 type struts.

NorthUrsalia.com: Spring Rate Chart

·
Registered
1999 AW 2tone
1,609 Posts
If you're not cared about the stance I suggest not getting s-techs and spending the money on something a little stiffer/taller. The Teins are okay but I definitely want to get rid of them for some coilovers long-term. My 22mm Cusco RSB is the only thing that makes the Teins fun to drive on right now.

205/45/17 Blizzak LM25 rft
215/45/17 Potenza RE92

Those wheels do look good, I also want to see the '11 WRX wheels on a GF as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, i have a Whiteline adjustable sway bar 22mm on the rear. Stock on the front, been wanting something for the front, but not in the budget atm. When i swap it i am getting new bushings all over, as the car has 220k on it, and i feel thats going to help the most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.