Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Subaru Impreza rs Black
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hours of research I still have this question:

When mounting the stock 20mm wrx rsb on a 2005rs sedan will I need anything other than the rsb itself and heavy duty end links such as ones from whiteline or kartboy? Just wanting to make sure I don't absolutely need mounts or bushings to make the install work. Thanks fellow rs members for your insight! I'd hate to pay for shipping twice by not ordering a part I needed.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Bushings for sure, but if you buy a new bar, they normally come with it. Used ones, just ask the seller.

If not, you can get aftermarket ones from Whiteline or other brands. Skip Energy Suspension as those tend to be generic 20mm ones and don't quite fit Subarus the best.

Also for 20mm, you don't really need endlinks. Yes, they're good, but the stock ones will work. I didn't actually notice much difference if any when going to solid ones. They are good to prevent the stock ones from breaking though... small chance it can happen.

·
Registered
'05 Subaru Impreza rs Black
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I emailed rallysportdirect twice after researching on the forums. Both times I asked if I needed bushings and it seems they ignored my question both times. I bought the wrx sway used so no bushings. I'll have to order them from Subaru. Thanks again guys for your help!

·
Registered
Y2K GM6 & 65 'Stang Fastback
816 Posts
You can get the factory "stout mounts" from subarugenuinepart.com and it comes with 20mm bushings. It's about $35!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts