Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty new here. Picked up my RS a month or so ago and one of the first things I've done is put 17" wheels on it (keeping the stock 16" wheels though). In researching sizing/fitment (and not wanting to roll my fenders) I decided +48 offset would be about ideal but not many 17x7 +48 offset wheels out there.

A friend with a 2017 Toyota 86 (same as a BRZ) got aftermarket wheels and I bought his wheels as they are 17x7 +48 and are hubcentric for our cars as all subarus run 56.1mm hub diameter. Given my car is BRP, I powder coated the wheels gold. I used Prismatic Powders "Spanish Gold" (EMS 0940) and it looks pretty good. Now having them in the flesh (and not working off a paint sample) I would probably recommend Prismatic's "Walts Gold" (PMB 4053).

Anyway overall I'm super happy with how these turned out and since there are a lot of these coming off of BRZs and 86s its a good cheap wheel fitment option. I'm running 215/45-R17 Firehawk Indy 500s on these wheels. Good tire for the money.

Enjoy some pics!

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
647 Posts
This is an easy and cheap upgrade for a lot of RS and other Subaru models - just yank them off a BRZ/FRS and slap them on your car. You got one of the more fun designs though!

Here's two of mine :

235/50ZR-17 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 XL

Powder coated bronze

225/45R-17 Bridgestone Potenza S007A XL

Powder coated silver

-TC

·
Registered
55 Posts
Question, are these 5x100 or 114.3? Also what made you choose these over STI wheels?

It looks really good and now I'm considering these as an option as well. Thanks for this post.

·
Registered
'00 RS / V5 STI
647 Posts
Question, are these 5x100 or 114.3? Also what made you choose these over STI wheels?

It looks really good and now I'm considering these as an option as well. Thanks for this post.
They're 5x100 - I have stock RS hubs and knuckles.

Only the '04 STI has 5x100 wheels. '05 and up went to 5x114.3. You can use WRX wheels up to a certain point (2018 I think?) but STI wheels are only for JDM GCs and specifically 2004s.

-TC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts