Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
i think it is equally often that as the price of a car inflates due to development and performance parts that a nice stereo and seats come along with it to help justify the price, ie "im paying damn near 3 series money for this, i outta get some nice ****". another way of saying, i bet if they took out that stuff you didnt want it would only drop the price 1-2 thousand.

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
does Canada not have a base trim? No leather, no power seats, no name brand stereo or moonroof on it vs the Premium/Limited or Sport/sport-tech in canada language :D. Keep in mind, your car came with "a giant stupid stereo" too. As for the climate control, whether it's automatic or not it makes about 1lb of a difference in weight. Otherwise it's used just like the climate control knobs in my rs.

You keep saying 3 Series(RWD) money, yet there is a $6,000(USD and CAD) difference in MSRP when comparing base models. 180hp with RWD vs 268hp with AWD. Want to get an AWD 3 Series? that is a $10,000 difference. Not really a good comparison to me. Yes the 320ix is a superior car in almost every way, but you're also paying a premium for it.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.2TS 4dr
1,007 Posts
i think it is equally often that as the price of a car inflates due to development and performance parts that a nice stereo and seats come along with it to help justify the price, ie "im paying damn near 3 series money for this, i outta get some nice ****". another way of saying, i bet if they took out that stuff you didnt want it would only drop the price 1-2 thousand.
It probably would but all that crap is still stupid :)

It's actually coming out to exactly the same price down to a few hundred as the Tacoma I'm looking at.

does Canada not have a base trim? No leather, no power seats, no name brand stereo or moonroof on it vs the Premium/Limited or Sport/sport-tech in canada language :D. Keep in mind, your car came with "a giant stupid stereo" too. As for the climate control, whether it's automatic or not it makes about 1lb of a difference in weight. Otherwise it's used just like the climate control knobs in my rs.

You keep saying 3 Series(RWD) money, yet there is a $6,000(USD and CAD) difference in MSRP when comparing base models. 180hp with RWD vs 268hp with AWD. Want to get an AWD 3 Series? that is a $10,000 difference. Not really a good comparison to me. Yes the 320ix is a superior car in almost every way, but you're also paying a premium for it.
My car came with 4 speakers and a head unit. Doesn't an STI have like 12 and a subwoofer?

35,900 for a 320i in Canada according to BMW Canada's website. Base STI starts at 37,995. Base STI breaks 50k taxes and freight in.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
It probably would but all that crap is still stupid :)

It's actually coming out to exactly the same price down to a few hundred as the Tacoma I'm looking at.
on that subject, since you know i just bought a taco, a buddy who works at auction just had a 2014 tacoma come through, about 15k miles, dual cab short bed, NO off road/towing - sold for $30k!! hahahahaha i bought mine brand new with the offroad package for a grand more than that hahaha insane how these things hold their value, you can forget the 20% loss after driving off the lot thing

that being said, if i was only going to have one car id get the STi

base model 320i wouldnt even be on my radar. and id much rather have subaru AWD. id def go 1 or 2 series if i was thinking BMW, and would def stick to RWD ...i feel like thats the whole point of a BMW

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,172 Posts
There's really no point in buying the 15 sti unless you really dig the new. There essentially the same as the previous generation which are now considerably cheaper.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
I wouldn't buy a BMW at all personally at this point. Maybe an E46M3 or something.

on that subject, since you know i just bought a taco, a buddy who works at auction just had a 2014 tacoma come through, about 15k miles, dual cab short bed, NO off road/towing - sold for $30k!! hahahahaha i bought mine brand new with the offroad package for a grand more than that hahaha insane how these things hold their value, you can forget the 20% loss after driving off the lot thing

that being said, if i was only going to have one car id get the STi

base model 320i wouldnt even be on my radar. and id much rather have subaru AWD. id def go 1 or 2 series if i was thinking BMW, and would def stick to RWD ...i feel like thats the whole point of a BMW
I think I'm gonna go taco and a boat or something.. I don't have the facilities to go road racing, the budget for rally, or the interest for autocross so not a whole lot of point in a 300hp sports car for me at this point. Thought about an STI and a beater truck but I'd drive the truck 80% of the time.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
There might be, and that's something to consider. Bugeye WRX would be fun and sub 5k. Also might find myself a decent deal on a preowned BRZ.

If I decide I want to bad enough I can probably swing an STI as well as a taco...but **** that's a lot of money tied up in cars.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
I'm waiting for the STI to get the new motor. I'll sell my 2015 WRX for the STI once they make the change. 2016 WRX/STI are going to be the same as the 2015.
LOOKS LIKE ITS SOONER THAN WE THOUGHT, BROS

Announcing remarkable 2015 Subaru WRX STI with powerful new 2.0-liter - Torque News

based on their SP3T engine
The new 2015 WRX STI 2.0-liter engine uses a combination of direct injection, high compression (10.6:1), Subaru Dual Active Valve Control System (D-AVCS), a twin-scroll turbocharger and an intercooler to get improved performance over the similar Forester XT version. The WRX STI NBR version uses different cams and higher-rate valve springs and other enhancements to enhance the performance envelope. The production 2015 WRX STI 2.0-liter gets a broader torque curve and peaks at 311 lb.-ft. at 4,400 rpm. - See more at: Announcing remarkable 2015 Subaru WRX STI with powerful new 2.0-liter - Torque News

121 - 140 of 141 Posts