Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe Silverthorn 5spd
565 Posts
Theres gotta be a reason why they shoved a 257 back into the STi....

EFi logics has just been doing bolt ons to their STi, so far they've made it to 300whp with no tuning....

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
im thinking the new wrx motor will be capable of more HP on a stock motor then the new/old STI just give it like 4 months lol and they will be all over the place like turbo/supercharged brz etc. Anybody get to test drive one yet? my buddy at my local dealer says theyre getting a couple wrx's here in about 2 weeks then 2 stis shortly after, id love to go test drive and go from 2014 wrx to 2015 wrx to 2015 sti

·
aka obs111
2004 WRB WRX
970 Posts
The STI is always cooler to have. No matter how fast you can make a WRX, it's just not the same as having an actual STI.

P.S. I think a wagon WRX would look much better than the sedan version. But, I think the STI looks better as a sedan.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
2016 sti should be a bored and stroked version of the new 2.0. Bring back the 2.2 Turbo!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RS, Blue
1 Posts
I own a GC8 RS and just in its stock form it's more aggressive than this 2015 model. It's a Ford Focus with a bigger motor, and it has no character to it. Not impressed in the slightest.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe
470 Posts
Gotta say thats the first time I've read a "It looks like a Focus" comment. This car has plenty of character from a design standpoint, but whether you like how it looks or not... it's a great machine to drive. I wish Subaru fans would get past their gripes about how it looks (there have been plenty of "ugly" designs that Subaru made that we now love) and appreciate the car for what it's supposed to be: a GREAT car to drive! Because it IS!!

·
Registered
99 OBS STM
125 Posts
but 40 grand is such a good deal! it even includes a leaking rear diff and a deck lid that rattles the paint right off of your fenders! Plus there are so many buttons on the steering wheel you'll wonder why police are so concerned about texting and driving.

all that aside im sure its a blast to drive, especially considering my slow poke obs.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
I'm waiting for the STI to get the new motor. I'll sell my 2015 WRX for the STI once they make the change. 2016 WRX/STI are going to be the same as the 2015.
thats what id do

If it wasn't full of pointless crap like big stereos and leather seats I'd be considering one, but I'm not paying 40 grand for it.
lolwut :wtf:

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
Absolutely no regrets selling my RSTI for my 15 :D

I personally thought I was going to drive my rsti into the ground, but after seeing and test driving this car in March, I put my pre-order in and received it in May. Got it for a little less than $28k out the door.

The only thing my RSTI had over this car was the 315 whp, less weight and jdm seats. But despite this car actually being heavier, it feels lighter on its feet to me. Besides the fact that it out handles my old RSTI(with almost everything upgraded short of a cage & better tires) by leaps and bounds on stock everything, it rotates way better. Although now I'm on 255's and HKS Coilovers

Keep in mind the latest numbers with just an intake and tune put this car close to 300whp :eek:

Looks are subjective, but I really enjoy this car's curves and aggressiveness that you don't really see in pictures. Mine just needs the oem lip and I'm pretty much done.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.2TS 4dr
1,007 Posts
3 series money is a bit absurd though.

I'd be happy if it was like the 2004 and came with nothing. No giant stupid stereo, or leather, or climate control, or power seats, or any of that stupid crap, lop a couple thousand off the price and a few hundred pounds off the curb weight.

All of that said when the 2.0l STI comes out I may not be able to help myself.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts