Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2000 BRP 3.3RS
1,073 Posts
I was so relieved when I saw the last body style for the first time in person in Tokyo back in 2010... I thought, "finally, a step back in the right direction." And now this. Even if it grows on you a bit. It's still ugly and I'll never love or like it. Just get used to it. They really seem to bounce around on their body designs, though. Nailing them on year, not the next, and again after. Begin the next cycle of 5 years of ugliness.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
HEYHEYHEY... In my opinion, most all volvos are great looking cars. especially the c30!
The C30 is the only Volvo I'd even consider buying. Now if only someone were to actually makes that Vizualtech C30. That'd be the awesome.

·
Registered
'99 BDP Impreza RS
1,270 Posts
So the general public should be stuck with the base Impreza model? And not have the option of the more powerful, better handling WRX? That would be sales suicide.
Stuck with the base Impreza? Why wouldn't they be able to purchase a WRX even if it was more enthusiast oriented? You don't have to drive an autocross course under x time in order to be able to buy one, it's on sale just like any other car. You can even get it with a CVT instead of a 6MT.

At the end of the day, they sell more cars to the general public, and not to your "hardcore" enthusiasts.
You say that, but they suggested the WRX was to become it's own line. That the Impreza needs to be a car for everyone to keep profits up, and building the WRX on it would only make a WRX that is impure and not what Subaru wants it to be. Then they release this, a WRX that looks so close to the Impreza, you'd believe they share the same amount of panels/pieces as the 2011 base Impreza does with a 2011 Impreza WRX. (don't correct me, I know I'm wrong :lol:)

Then they release this pic (I assume it's from Subaru, correct me if I'm wrong)
They clearly want this to be an enthusiast's car, they're doing all the right advertisements throwing tires and a jack in the back and showing the car blazing a dirt road. But then they make it look so plain and normal, I wonder who along the line said "Yeah, that's aggressive enough."

I don't like it as of now. After seeing a few in person it might grow on me but I don't really want to own one. Just doesn't do it for me. Now that BRZ shooting brake concept or the Levorg...those are **** (I can say tit, but not the plural...da **** guys?) I'd love the BRZ shooting brake concept as a daily for a while if it doesn't have the plastic Outback fenders and had the rear end of a production BRZ. Then I'll get a Levorg for when I feel I should grow up but still don't want to. :lol:

+1 hoping the STi has some more flair/flare on it and a big ol' wing to top it off.

·
Registered
99 GM8
5,801 Posts
This thread reminded me why 99% of enthusiasts would make terrible automotive sector analysts. Most people don't give a **** about enthusiast/modifying appeal, but would like a car that is a better performer bone stock.

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,603 Posts
Its growing on me, its not great compared to the awesome concept, but much better than the 08 WRX.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
Meant to be able to take more abuse and quicker more precise shifting. At least that's how some are. What did Subaru intend them for...I don't know.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS <Red>
1,197 Posts
I like this.

I would actually buy this.

That's saying a lot considering I hadn't really liked the WRX appearance-wise since Bugeyes.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS Black
23 Posts
It looks like soft doo doo........ why change from the aggressive concept? You split the line....it's now Impreza AND WRX/WRX STI. Make that crap aggressive. Did they learn nothing from the BRZ which sold like crack rock in the Bronx? Not to mention being critically acclaimed by just about everyone. Aggressive sporty looks can work.....Stop with this make it look like an S model Corolla with a hood scoop and give me this VVVVVVVV without the yellow accents.....end rant

I actually logged in just to like this.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
News from down under says the WRX won't be available in Japan or the EU. Instead, they will get a 1.6L turbo or 2.0L turbo Levorg. I think that makes sense in EU, not sure about Japan. I know Europeans are huge on wagons and the Subaru Levorg looks like it'll fit perfectly with the other wagons roaming the streets. Now, it just needs a very well designed interior, cause if it doesn't have that, it won't be much competition against the other luxury wagons.

Anyways, supposedly the WRX/STI uses an Axle Forward Layout. Meaning the engine sits further back in the car and lower. I don't really understand their description. It's just not making sense in my head.

SCOOP - New Subaru WRX STI

Attachments

41 - 60 of 141 Posts