Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been keeping up with the 2015 STi steering rack swap thread on nabisco, and apparently someone has just completed this swap into a GD STi. So, I'm assuming it could be swapped into an RS using a GD front subframe. Thoughts? Has anyone even thought about attempting it?

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
Not a waste of time...

Use a 05+ GD subframe and it seems to be nearly bolt in. Make the rod ends shorter like the guy on NASIOC did and it should work great. Also doing something with the lines.

I wouldn't say it's anywhere out of the realm of possibilities.

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
How about THIS fitment thread for the MY02-04 which bolts up to our crossemember with minimal problem just the steering linkage would have to be changed from the directions and possibly inner tie rods. I'm seriously considering this for next years autocross season.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
isnt every gd sti steering rack 13:1? only changes were from 02-04, 05-07 then 08+. where they just changed mounting locations?

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
Orrr rallispec 11.5-1, orrr for like 1/30th the price you can add a 1.5-1 quickener in the column and take your 15:1 rs to 10:1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It also depends upon what lower control arm you have. GC or GD wagons have a narrower track width than GD sedans, and all the 08+ stuff, so without a more extreme shortening on the tie rods I doubt you'll get enough toe adjustment to be able to properly align the car.

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Many of your do not seem to have your facts straight. Out cars are 16.1 and the STi in this country until 20015 was a 15.1. If I need to swap or purchase inner tie rods to make it work that's not a big deal and it's about the same price as the L&E column. If I have to be the first so be it but it will not be till tax season possibly.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
123 Posts
so I got GD sedan arms and GD frame need a GD STI Steering rack anyway so what would I need to modify to install one of these in my build???

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe
8 Posts
I'm wondering if this swap will work on a stock RS crossmember. I'd like to have the benefits of 13.1 steering rack without having to swap to a turbo motor.

·
Registered
1995 WRX 2015 F150
1,873 Posts
I've thought about the 15 sti rack.

I originally wanted a q-rack but they are gone now.

I probably will just get an L&E column. It's quick and cheaper.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts