Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like it, in fact Ill go as far to say that I think it looks better than the 2015 WRX. And anyone who knows me, knows that I tend to hate the new age American muscle cars...
You took my words.

I'll have to give this Mustang a test drive when it comes out !

·
Registered
'99 BDP Impreza RS
1,270 Posts

Definitely prefer the previous to the new one. The new one seems softer at least from a design stand point, reminds me of a Hyundai Genesis for some reason. The previous looks more muscular, more like a muscle car.

Also hate the turn signal and fog light area. Every automaker has a front bumper that contains that exact assembly of lights in the same way, the BRZ for example and the new Altima has a similar thing. I know there's more out there. It's the little things that bug me but I still prefer the outgoing model.

·
Registered
WRBP RS
37 Posts
I want to start off by saying i am glad to see that we not only have Subaru enthusiast here but as well as american muscle enthusiast here. As an owner of A 1998 Swapped Subaru RS as well as a 1967 Mustang, i would say i have the best of both worlds. but with that said i am happy to see that we care enough to bring up this topic, and many like it and as well as dislike it. I know many JDM fans who despise american cars merely because they drive hondas and hate everything Domestic.

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
Once again an amalgamation of the renderings and the current model. Even though the grille looks like a shameless ripoff of a Aston Martin I still like it. It looks good. I drove a rental 2012 300 horse V6 Stang for a weekend and I really liked it. The new one looks slimmer. Lean and Mean. And seriously how long does the Retro look have to continue? It still has the lines of a classic muscle car but it looks 500lbs lighter than a Challenger lol. The original Pony cars weren't very big but recently the muscle cars have gotten really overweight. 3800 lbs for a SRT 8! That's just too fat for me. Nothing that fat can handle unless it has a backward E followed by a B on the front. I'm glad to see Ford come out with this car. Not just adding another 20 horses, 50 lbs of tech equipment, and a decal package to re-hump the past. I'd happily drive ANY of the old muscle cars (Mopar being my favs) and love it. That said Id also love an M3 or an NSX too! I'm an automobile slut. But if we want to have good cars its time to put the domestic "sports" cars on a diet and move toward the future to compete in a global market.
Now somebody please talk to Suabru about the new ReX. Maybe hire that guy Kia stole from was it Audi?

Good Job Ford.

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,931 Posts
Anyone else hear about the new powerplant on offer?

Beside the new sheetmetal and redesigned interior, there are two pieces of news: The Mustang now, for the first time in 50 years, has independent rear suspension--and it also gets its first four-cylinder engine since a 105-horsepower 2.3-liter four was dropped after the 1993 model year.
Ford hasn't released specifications for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost four, but it's expected to deliver more than 305 hp, along with 300 pound-feet of torque.
2015 Ford Mustang Revealed, With First 4-Cylinder Since 1993 (Photos)

·
Registered
'99 RS
425 Posts
I think it's the same engine used in the UK Focus. I read somewhere that the RS version boasts 330hp! Ford says this will be a premium engine; so I believe the V6 is still the base mustang. This engine is going to be put through its paces. The 2.3T of the 80's didn't fair so well due to the technology of the times. Now the tech is there to make smaller turbo engines efficient and powerful! I can't wait til Ford racing releases these engine packages for the track racers!

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
^ the turbo four is very interesting, though I'm not very interested in it, haha, if that makes sense. they are only offering the real sport pack with the V8 and 4cyl models; that plus how much 'ecoboost' means to the company (their commercials would lead you to believe theyre the first damn people to ever discover turbocharging) I expect the 'SVO' mustang to be a real showcase

Once again an amalgamation of the renderings and the current model. Even though the grille looks like a shameless ripoff of a Aston Martin I still like it. It looks good. I drove a rental 2012 300 horse V6 Stang for a weekend and I really liked it. The new one looks slimmer. Lean and Mean. And seriously how long does the Retro look have to continue? It still has the lines of a classic muscle car but it looks 500lbs lighter than a Challenger lol. The original Pony cars weren't very big but recently the muscle cars have gotten really overweight. 3800 lbs for a SRT 8! That's just too fat for me. Nothing that fat can handle unless it has a backward E followed by a B on the front. I'm glad to see Ford come out with this car. Not just adding another 20 horses, 50 lbs of tech equipment, and a decal package to re-hump the past. I'd happily drive ANY of the old muscle cars (Mopar being my favs) and love it. That said Id also love an M3 or an NSX too! I'm an automobile slut. But if we want to have good cars its time to put the domestic "sports" cars on a diet and move toward the future to compete in a global market.
Now somebody please talk to Suabru about the new ReX. Maybe hire that guy Kia stole from was it Audi?

Good Job Ford.
same reasons mustang has been my favorite of the 'modern' muscle cars (though I'd still prefer a REAL throwback - small cheap rwd chassis with big ass V8) but this is the closest to it. they supposedly shaved 400ish lbs from the last gen, which (don't know official numbers) but I think puts it in new WRX territory at ~3200

21 - 29 of 29 Posts