Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
So finally got some parts in.

The superpro arms and Whiteline links are for a GD STI. Hoping to get a wide track for this beast.

The forward bushing on the front arms was a little too wide to fit in the crossmember so it had to be shaved down a bit to get it to fit in.

The rears went in super easy except one the bushings on the rear lat link seem to rust/weld itself to the alignment bolt. So I had to cut out the old arm to grab the sleeve with a pipe wrench to get it off. That took a couple hours longer than I was hoping. Im also wondering if these trailing arms are gonna need to be swapped to something else as well. Feedback is appreciated.

Starting to look good underneath

Also decided to mount the engine in. Fit in like a glove of course, what do you expect.

I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with the steering coupler to get the column hooked up to the rack. Probably gonna cut and weld.

If anyone sees something I'm missing or should be doing please feel free to let me know. I'm only human and mistakes happen. Until next time, Cheers!

Won't using stock hubs with the extended lca's mess with your axles, or do the stockers have enough extention?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
New stuffs...

I mounted the wheels from the wrx today. they fit front and rear. The front stick out past the fender a bit, not a problem. the rear fit flush as hell but unfortunately they rub on the strut. I need to install some camber bolts and see if I can get it to move away a bit. If not, then ill have to add spacers.
The plan is to flare this car out so the wheels still need to come out a bit.

Don't mind thew front ride height since its missing the whole top of the engine and a trans at this point. I plan on going to the shop tomorrow and maybe mounting the clutch and trans to make sure we aren't going to run into any issues. So well see how it looks then.

For those who are using the rear sti links, at the time of this picture, they are adjusted all the way in (I have the whiteline adjustables) And they sit flush. Now when I adjust them out, its only going to be pushing out the bottom, resulting in crazy camber, Whats the solution to correct this? Camber bolts? Different struts? Also what should I do with the trailing arms? swap them to something else? upgrade the bushings on the ones I have now?

More updates coming....

Wow this build looks good. I like the way the dash fits except for the gap near the windshield, have you been able to adjust the dash bar or anything to get rid of the gap?

I have the GD dash swapped in mine and the shop that did it made it look really good minus the gap on the sides where the door jam is.

I can't wait to see this go further.

Using those wheels on a 93-01 you need a 5mm spacer in order to clear the strut body in the rear.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.