Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone is running the 2013 WRX wheels? I'm pretty sure they fit with no issues since They're 17x8 +53 offset 5x100. Or am I wrong? I'm assuming 235 might be a bit of a squeeze?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
98 impreza
67 Posts
you"ll def need some extensive fender rolling and pulling depending on your ride height. They will fit tho! I think you may require a 5-10mm spacer in the rear if your running coilovers.

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,264 Posts
Don't need any pulling, just a simple fender roll... As long as you keep 225/235 on there, fitment is easy, may require rear camber plates to pull the strut away from the tire so it doesn't rub. You can add rear camber bolts to dial out the camber added by pulling the damper away from the tire.

-- Dave

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Get coilovers, rock static, don't roll fenders

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
50 Posts
A little late, but I have them on my RS. Mines in the first link posted above. I needed a 5 MM spacer to clear my coilover and they fit fine with stock fenders and the stock 235's. Good luck! :D And it's not the tire you have to worry about on the strut clearance, there was plenty of room. The lip of the wheel was hitting.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
FYI, remember about weights too. I had the hammer weights on the inside of wheels before and everything cleared, minus the weights. Something to remember.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS
50 Posts
FYI, remember about weights too. I had the hammer weights on the inside of wheels before and everything cleared, minus the weights. Something to remember.
I forgot about that. I only had problems with that on my passenger rear, but it worked itself out haha. When I get new tires put on in the spring, I'm going to try and have the weights put on the barrel part of the wheel for that reason. Just wondering, did you have a set of these on your car? I've only seen a few people do it.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
No, I'm running 17" Prodrive P1s with 225s. Those WRX wheels are just 17x8 with 53 offset, which plenty of others ride the same, but with other wheels.

None of my wheels are over 7.5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts