Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been a member for a while and was just wondering if this was the right forum for me. I've been pointed here from NASIOC and CTSubie.com, but I shied away for a while because it seemed like such a tight knit forum devoted to the 2.5RS. So, I guess I'm trying to just say "hey" and gauge a reception reaction.

If all goes well, I'll post up pictures of my car. I know a lot of Subaru guys out there call the 2008 2.5i ugly as sin, but I've been told I have one of the best looking and tastefully modified yet.

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
your car is fine, there are plenty of people without even 2.5's on here, we have 2.2 L's...etc, welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
Dudeski, it's the internet...not really serious business. Just post your Subaru stuff, you don't need some formal invitation or mass acceptance from a thousand people you'll never meet. This isn't a ball at the Ritz.

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Get the hell outta our forum!!!

Not really, everyone is welcome here. It's mostly 98-01 guys, but there are plenty of others, not all with 2.5s. Enjoy your stay, people will be happy to have you!

·
Registered
2008 Impreza 2.5i hatch
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dudeski, it's the internet...not really serious business. Just post your Subaru stuff, you don't need some formal invitation or mass acceptance from a thousand people you'll never meet. This isn't a ball at the Ritz.
It's not that. I love my car to death. I've just gotten ripped on from time to time at NASIOC and also at FinalGear.com when they find out what I plan on doing to my car eventually. I'm not a ricer. I just have been thinking pretty hard about supercharging or turboing, and then I get the inevitable "Well why didn't you get the WRX, you tool?" question. More trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Hey, I've been a member for a while and was just wondering if this was the right forum for me. I've been pointed here from NASIOC and CTSubie.com, but I shied away for a while because it seemed like such a tight knit forum devoted to the 2.5RS. So, I guess I'm trying to just say "hey" and gauge a reception reaction.

If all goes well, I'll post up pictures of my car. I know a lot of Subaru guys out there call the 2008 2.5i ugly as sin, but I've been told I have one of the best looking and tastefully modified yet.
GTFO!

No, seriously. Almost everyone is welcome here! I encourage you to make a member journal, and to browse the forums for a while. I'm sure I've hundreds of hours cruising through these endless pages. I think your car is ugly too, but its okay :mamoru: It's still an Impreza, and the look is growing on me. Is it a sedan or the hatch? Post up some pictars, definitely.

your car is fine, there are plenty of people without even 2.5's on here, we have 2.2 L's...etc, welcome and enjoy
We got 1.8, 2.2, 2.5, 3.0, 2.0. 2.5t, 2.2t, 1.8t, hybrids, and every other possible combination you can think of. We got the old school Subaru's all the way up to the brand new ones. Like I said, almost everyone is welcome here :)

I concur with this statement. Except:

·
Registered
Mazda 3
2,484 Posts
eff the haters, most of us here are N/A and want to turbo, im planing on getting mine done as soon as i have the money

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I've just gotten ripped on from time to time at NASIOC and also at FinalGear.com when they find out what I plan on doing to my car eventually.
Nasioc is a joke. :) They're only good for the classifieds :lol:

They have a lot of great information and such, but I only use them for that and the classifieds. I don't post up whatsoever.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
Oh no, Auslander what have you done. They are aware, they are coming for
you. I suggest you run and hide out somewhere for a while

·
Registered
Silver 2002 Subaru Impreza RS
18 Posts
I drive a bugeye RS and frequently feel like the odd man out. Welcome to the club. List those mods please.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
It's not that. I love my car to death. I've just gotten ripped on from time to time at NASIOC and also at FinalGear.com when they find out what I plan on doing to my car eventually. I'm not a ricer. I just have been thinking pretty hard about supercharging or turboing, and then I get the inevitable "Well why didn't you get the WRX, you tool?" question. More trouble than it's worth.
They say that because, until your warranty runs out, it's simply a waste of money to do such modifications to your engine. You *are* better off getting a turbo car to start with, when buying new, if you want a turbo quickly stuffed into your life.

Auslander is a glorious, epic-thread-enabling guy. :devil:

·
Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
687 Posts
you will find this to be one of the best subie forums out there.

Welcome!

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
hehe I haven't been kicked out yet and I drive a 05 2.5rs. :)

This forum is the best for any RS owner.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Welcome to the clubhouse. :D

I sort of agree that if you want to boost, it's best to go with the factory version, on something so new. If you want to keep your car though, keep it as-is at least until the warranty is up, or close to it.

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
if u wanna rock a new one u have to have an L/RS or used to have one..lol

dude jk1!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts