Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m only asking cause I’m having trouble sourcing a 2007 bonnet for my Subaru Impreza and I’ve found a 2005 bonnet that from photos looks very similar if not the same. Does anyone know if I can do a straight swap?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
666 Posts
In your country, is the 2007 the same body style as the 05, or is it the first year of the new GR body style?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not sure from the photo I’ve seen it looks like it is same body style... at least from the front

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
666 Posts
If you're talking about a GD to GD (or GG, same difference) hood swap, then yes, it bolts up.

However, the headlights, grill, and fenders must be swapped to match the new style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're talking about a GD to GD (or GG, same difference) hood swap, then yes, it bolts up.

However, the headlights, grill, and fenders must be swapped to match the new style.
Yeah it’s a GG wagon... ok so the same would apply if it was a 2006 bonnet and I wanted to put it on my 2007 Impreza GG 5 door wagon?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
666 Posts
The 06 should still be a hawkeye, just like your 07. So yes it should work with no other changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 06 should still be a hawkeye, just like your 07. So yes it should work with no other changes.
Ok cool then! Well I guess there is nothing more to it than to do it! Much appreciate you taking your time to read and answer my question, “Mike Tracy”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts