Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a impreza I recently bought that was non running. It had the engine swapped from a manual forester, and therefore had the wrong crank sprocket and cam pulley. I've got those swapped out, threw on a new timing set, and now the engine runs great. But the trans doesn't. It won't shift (engage) into any gear. I've verified that the linkage on the outside of the trans moves, and looks like it's selecting the gears fine. I can roll it in neutral. Park works fine as well. Fluid is fine. Looks decent, and it has enough. I will say it sat for a long time, so maybe something is sticking? What else could it be? I'm at a loss now. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you able to move the shifter when bypassing the brake lockout? It should be at the bottom of the automatic linkage inside the car (I'm not sure where it is on GDs)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you able to move the shifter when bypassing the brake lockout? It should be at the bottom of the automatic linkage inside the car (I'm not sure where it is on GDs)
Shifter moves fine both when bypassing, and through normal operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts