Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dalton said:
My bad the damn neon is a sedan. What a loser
unfortunately it wont be a loser. thats the new neon SRT-4, due to go on sale in the 2003 model year. dodges goal is to make it the fastest car available for under 20k. and the way it looks theyll succeed with flying colors. itll sport a turbocharged DOHC 2.4L inline four that puts out a healthy 205hp and 220 lbs-ft of torque in a ~2600-2700 lbs car. and peak torque is achieved at just 2000 freakin rpm. itll also have enourmous breaks and a sport-tuned suspension. dodge estimates 0-60 times at about 5.9s and 1/4 mile times in the low 14s straight from the factory floor. car will sticker at 19,995. hella preformance for the buck. more so than even the WRX.

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brighton
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about me being the loser. That car seems awesome for the price. Can't wait to see what kind of cars come out in the near future. About time dodge did something. Is it still FWD?

·
Registered
77 Posts
nah, dodge isnt that smart. :D but the older neon ACR's could certainly tear it up at the auto-x, and im sure this car will be no slacker that category either.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yea, but im still pretty impressed with the interrior.

not spectacular or mindblowing, but still doesnt look like it belongs in a neon.

id say the number one thing it has going against it, more so than dodge built quality, is that....its a NEON :D.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly I were to build a track only/Autocross only car I'd consider getting my hands on a Neon ACR. I've seen alot of poeple running them down here and they have been very successful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts