Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a set of Prodive (blue) springs for a 2004 92X...will they fit my RS? If not I will just find someone who wants them...and buy some other springs. I just couldn't pass it up because it was a smokin deal. Do I just need different top hats? Will they fit stock top hats?

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems 2004 springs SHOULD fit. Can anyone confirm? They are wagon springs...so are wagon and sedan springs interchangeable? Will these drop or raise my car?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
They should fit if you change the strut mount (not the rubber top hat, but the actual solid metal strut mount).

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any idea where i can get a set of those that will fit?

and what kinda of struts should i used? RS or WRX struts?

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Dealership is probably your best bet. I'm not sure how much they would cost though.

I guess, technically, you could use either WRX or RS struts, but it would probably be a better idea to use the WRX struts, since the springs are designed for them. Personally though, if it were me I would try to trade the 9-2X springs for GC springs, and use RS struts.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Yep, P1 springs rule.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I will just post them FS on NASIOC and then pick myself up a set of P1 springs. How much could I list them for? They are BRAND NEW WRX wagon Prodrive lowering springs.

·
Registered
2005 Saabaru 2.5i
376 Posts
The 92-X was only made in 2005 and 2006. I has one.

If you want to sell them fast, ask for about $175, but you can probably get around $200 for them, I think

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
^^ Yeah sounds good. $200 I think is good, they probably sold new for $300 or a tick less. P1s were usually around $250-275, prior to a couple clearance sales.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might have already found someone to straight trade P1 springs for them. He has a WRX and P1 springs. I have an RS and Prodrive lowering springs. HAHA and he is LOCAL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts