Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently performed an auto to manual swap in my 2004 Impreza 2.5rs and am struggling to find the MT/AT Identification Pin. I know there is one on the ECU, however the factory service manual does not show it in the ECM I/O diagrams. Can anyone with any insight chip in?

Thanks!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping as I believe I have found the correct pin.

The ECM I/O Diagram doesn't reference anything utilizing B136 pin 19 however I found what I believe to be the pin in the Engine Electrical Diagram.

Can anyone confirm?

Hopefully this will provide value to others down the road as well.

Attachments

· Administrator
2000 RSTi
2,095 Posts
The wiring harness aren't the same between different market cars even of the same years. If I were you, id find out what market car you have (USDM, JDM, GDM, etc) and try to find the service manual for that, and research what pin it's under for your car. I can help with a couple links if you have a USDM car.

· Registered
5 Posts
The wiring harness aren't the same between different market cars even of the same years. If I were you, id find out what market car you have (USDM, JDM, GDM, etc) and try to find the service manual for that, and research what pin it's under for your car. I can help with a couple links if you have a USDM car.
how can i tell which market it is ? is there any bit of information that i can provide that would tell me ?? thanks

· Registered
5 Posts
how can i tell which market it is ? is there any bit of information that i can provide that would tell me ?? thanks

· Administrator
2000 RSTi
2,095 Posts
There is a metal data plate in the engine bay with the engine code, vin, color and etc. You could post a picture of that. Also, is this left hand drive, right hand drive? Another place is on the underside of the hood should be affixed a sticker possibly with info about emissions or other things.

· Registered
5 Posts
Your registered location is St Lucia so we aren't positive what market vehicles got delivered to your country.
There is a metal data plate in the engine bay with the engine code, vin, color and etc. You could post a picture of that. Also, is this left hand drive, right hand drive? Another place is on the underside of the hood should be affixed a sticker possibly with info about emissions or other things.
It is a right-hand drive. Most of our vehicles are imported from Japan. I also attached a picture of the VIN and a picture of the ECM or ECU.

Attachments

· Administrator
2000 RSTi
2,095 Posts
You have a JDM Car, more info based on the model code here: Specifications :: 2004–2005 Subaru Impreza 1.5i Limited (GD2E44R)

Here is one link that has some service manuals: Index of /Auto/Japan/Subaru/Impreza/2004/2004 Service Manual

This one is my goto, but the owners need to update the security certificate on the site before it works. Plus I believe you have to make an account to access these files (check back in a few days or a week):

Because your car is JDM, it might be harder to find which pin you're looking for. I'm sure you've done a ton of googling by this point. I wish you good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts