Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Impreza RS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knew what sizes the speakers all around the car are. Front, Rear and the Tweeters.

·
Registered
2003 Impreza RS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out what they were, the GDs are 6 1/2" in the front and 4" in the rear. Tweeters look like they are 1".

·
Registered
18 Posts
get component speakers they work the best, (they have a tweeter, and crossover). I got the fanatic sries from rockford Fosgate. 6.5. I did not get the top of the lines though but if i had it might have been easier to put them in. hte speakers that are in the doors of the Subarus are shallow speakers, there is not much room between the magnet and the window. If you get a regular size 6.5 you will need to build yourself a bracket to hold the speaker up,(farther away from the door and mounting hole.

I made a bracket from the plastic ring that comes with them(the part that the mesh wire cover mounts to). I ripped of the screen and mounted it to the bottomof the speaker between the speaker and the door. make it abot 1.5, to 1.75 inces thick the bracket.

before mounting it i used stick foam(one side has an adhesive tape), it was like .75 inches wide, and .25 inches thick. I covered both sides of the braket with it(the top and the bottom), i did this stop vibration.

once i mounted both speakers i went back and rapped scotch 33 eletrical tape around the barcket and foam to give it a nice seal.

Before putting the ,molding back on, flip it over you will see about where the speaker should mesh up with the door panel, cut or grind off the plastic ribbing in there if you see it you will know what i am talking about,the reason for this is that it will not hinder or crush the speaker underneth.

the tweeter is pretty easy, just eyeball it up to where the factory tweeter mount hole is and mount it there.

i urge you to use an amp if you are going to use component speakers.

I also diconnected the rear door speakers (4inchers) I do not use them.

i found that the components and two tens was enough.
all in all it took me about 4hrs to do speakers, and amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts