Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered a 2003 2.5RS gauge housing from the dealer. This doesn't strike me as quite the same as the gauge housings i've seen in 2002s, WRXs, etc.. anything, for that matter.

The opening in it is the size of 2 DINs, and depth and width wise, it seems considerably larger than the size of the panel that holds the clock currently. Anyone have any experience with this? The part number is correct, but the mechanics of the thing are staggering. It doesn't seem possible from an outward glance. It has 5 real pieces, the upper housing, a lip which seems to match the front bottom of the housing, an inner panel which seems to be the size of a single din, with a slanted opening, and 2 brackets going back, with two white nylon spacers on it. Then 2 metal brackets, with "NAVI RH SA" and "NAVI LH SA" marked on them.

Thoughts? Comments? I'm going to inspect further, but it just seems like a wrong part, even though the numbers match.

·
Registered
09 Legacy spec.B + 01 2.5RS
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrong parts, right box

Well, the mystery ended today. The part number on the box was H0010FE920OE. The problem is, the parts inside it, were not.

Turns out I got a Forester Gauge Housing in a box for an Impreza Gauge Housing (or atleast the part number label for one).

It's being re-ordered, fun fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts