Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up an 02 WRX last Friday afternoon. The 99 will be gone within a week most likely.
Aspen White
5 speed
Mods that the previous owner did:
Catless downpipe
Gay CBE. The stock one probably would've been louder
Some sicc STi carbon sidemarker covers

Plans for it are pretty simple as of right now. Priority number one: keep it running. I've checked the oil in it more times than I ever thought I could do in a week. Since blowing the motor on the L, I've almost been scared to drive this. Once you go through a couple motors, you start to get pretty paranoid about shit.
First power mod will definately be injectors, Wally 255, and an E-85 tune. After that will be intake, turbo inlet, STi TMIC, external wastegate, all that silly shit. First thing to be done to the car will probably be coilovers, wheels, and tint. The struts that are on there have had enough abuse already.
I'll have more pics in the next few days. Went and did a shoot with some friends yesterday afternoon.

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the Walbro 255s and tune all you need to go to E85? that would be a pretty sick upgrade
Yep. E85 is the best thing to ever happen to a Subaru. I honestly feel bad for the guys who don't have E85 stations local to them. Luckily, I live about 5 minutes away from one ;).

·
Registered
2010 STI, WRB, BBS Gold 18"
154 Posts
Yep. E85 is the best thing to ever happen to a Subaru. I honestly feel bad for the guys who don't have E85 stations local to them. Luckily, I live about 5 minutes away from one ;).
well then, I'm buying Wally 255s and getting a tune next paycheck as I have several E85 stations near me. Thanks for the tip, and nice looking ride BTW. bug eyes look good in white.

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well then, I'm buying Wally 255s and getting a tune next paycheck as I have several E85 stations near me. Thanks for the tip, and nice looking ride BTW. bug eyes look good in white.
What motor and turbo are you running?

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh shit yes, do E85. That's a hell of a setup you have there. You'd only need one Wally, though. Just an FYI. I would get some 850cc's just because tuners always like to have headroom. Cameron at Camtuning is the guy to talk to about E85. He's tuning my buddies 06 STi on E85. He currently has the highest 1/4 mile trap speed for the VF39 which is 116.xx. He's going to KCIR this Friday and is gonna try to run an 11 on the VF39. If you'd like, I can get you Cameron's email address.

·
Registered
2010 STI, WRB, BBS Gold 18"
154 Posts
Oh shit yes, do E85. That's a hell of a setup you have there. You'd only need one Wally, though. Just an FYI. I would get some 850cc's just because tuners always like to have headroom. Cameron at Camtuning is the guy to talk to about E85. He's tuning my buddies 06 STi on E85. He currently has the highest 1/4 mile trap speed for the VF39 which is 116.xx. He's going to KCIR this Friday and is gonna try to run an 11 on the VF39. If you'd like, I can get you Cameron's email address.
that would be awesome man. Thanks again, don't want to hijack your thread, just saw the E85 info and my interest was piqued. Will add this info to my project journal.

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that would be awesome man. Thanks again, don't want to hijack your thread, just saw the E85 info and my interest was piqued. Will add this info to my project journal.
It's just a thread, doesn't really bother me. But I'll text my buddy and get his email for you.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L Brilliant Red
2,113 Posts
Sweet shit dude! I didn't know you liked bugeyes. Im glad to see you've moved onto something reliable. Im excited, and im not even the one with the new car :lol: Sounds like a hellatight plan with all the mods you intend on investing in. I honestly can't wait to see it. Congrats!

NOW PAINT THE WHEELS GOLD :banana:

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

Reality Storm, I PM'd you. I'm not sure if I should just post his email here as I don't know how the rules are with that type of thing. For now, if anyone else is interested, you can PM me.

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats bugeye baby !!!!
Thanks!
Enjoy your stay in turbocharged heaven! I hope this one doesnt give you any headaches like ur L did...
Boost is awesome. As for the second part of your post, I am going to ignore it for my own sake :)

Only problems I've had so far is that my radiator has a crack in it and that the rear rotors are shot. The front rotors are drilled so I'm going to get drilled and slotted for the rears.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will be ordering a Mishimoto alluminum rad. and DBA S&D rear rotors.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
I fail haha, sorry for posting in your old cars thread!

The Bugeye looks good!

·
Not a premium member
2002 Aspen White WRX
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update: Installed my Mishimoto radiator. Bought it from Import Image Racing, best guys to buy parts from. Listed for 255, got it for 245 shipped. Fast shipping and great quality.

Also did rear rotors and pads. Just did stock.

Now that those things are fixed, my exhaust is rattling like no other because of it being shit quality. Makes all kinds of noise. Prretty sure that my ball joints are going out since I have a really noisy clunk from my front suspension when I go over bumps. It also clunks when I turn the wheel while the car is sitting still. So I'll need to fix that, then time for an Invidia N1 Race catback :D

Couple pictures that are a couple weeks old.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts