Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm doing a 2002 gd harness swap into my 98 2.5rs with the gd dash and everything. I wanted to know if it was possible to merge the 2002 fuel tank harness connection with the 2 connections that are under the rear seats for the 2.5 rs?

Attached are the photos to show the connections I am referring to including the 2 pin connector for the power and ground.
Thanks!

image0(1).jpeg
image1.jpeg

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was never able to get the entire harness merged correctly for the fuel gauge to work, but I know for sure the fuel pump power is the thick black/red wire. I had it hardwired on my full GD harness merge and nixed the fuel pump controller and it ran fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i did the same swap on my 97 obs minus the dash swap I used a gc8 dash. But as far as fuel stuff goes only thing I have hooked up is the fuel pump. Haven’t been able to get the fuel gauge working either. I even put a 04 STI sending unit in thinking it would work because of the different resistance in the unit it sends to the ecu but that didn’t work then I tried a aftermarket gauge still nothing. So if you can manage to figure it please please share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts