Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2002 impreza 2.5rs with 150k on it. I haven't made any performance mods I was talking to a friend, and he got me thinking. I am now interested in flashing my ecu to gain a bit of HP. I've been doing a good bit of google searching, and it doesn't seem that there are a lot of people doing this my car. I have access to a tactrix cable, but I haven't tried anything yet. My car isn't listed on the tactrix website, and I'm not sure if that means it will not work. I am fairly tech savvy, although have no experience with ecu's. I did see that there are on-line tuning services that will take your ecu image and mod it for you and return it by email.

Can anyone get me started or tell me if this is possible with my car. I'm basically interested in 2 images/maps, a hp optimized, and a fuel economy optimized. Not even sure if this part is possible.

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Hi, I have a 2002 impreza 2.5rs with 150k on it. I haven't made any performance mods I was talking to a friend, and he got me thinking. I am now interested in flashing my ecu to gain a bit of HP. I've been doing a good bit of google searching, and it doesn't seem that there are a lot of people doing this my car. I have access to a tactrix cable, but I haven't tried anything yet. My car isn't listed on the tactrix website, and I'm not sure if that means it will not work. I am fairly tech savvy, although have no experience with ecu's. I did see that there are on-line tuning services that will take your ecu image and mod it for you and return it by email.

Can anyone get me started or tell me if this is possible with my car. I'm basically interested in 2 images/maps, a hp optimized, and a fuel economy optimized. Not even sure if this part is possible.

Thanks all.
The only thing I am aware of is the iSpeed reflash.

http://www.i-speed.us/programming/impreza-rs_ecu.shtml

1 - 2 of 2 Posts