Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned 16 and got a 2002 Impreza RS and i absolutly love it!!. I am very sad to find out however that not many companies make a catback system for my car. I am looking at cobb and JIC and im leaning toward the JIC system. But i was wondering what everyone else was running?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i would of loved to but as a first driver and being 16 years old my insurance would have been through the roof. Its already $250 bucks a month with a RS

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
friscorice88 said:
should have got a wrx..
you should record your opinions and listen to them later that way someone will actually care to hear them.

i'm running the dual tip stromung and love it. rule of thumb is that any exhaust that will work on a 98-01 RS will also work on 02-05. however, WRX and STi exhaust systems wont work without modification. not sure why you'd want to run a turbo exhuast on an N/A car because it will kill your power and torque. search through the N/A tuning section. there is a ton of info there if you just look.

·
Banned
1,359 Posts
Yeah, what bootleg said.

frsicorice, way to be a douche.
And they blame the GD owners for the bad blood.

God never seen such a huge collective chip on a group of shoulders in
my life. Poor babies.

·
Registered
60 Posts
man, im nearly 18 and my insurance is like 300/month, and btw i have an '02 rs too, i know how you feel man, you just want to hear the rumble. Any exhaust will make your car sound better than stock, but it seems like borla unequal length headers are the best compliment sound wise when matched with any exhaust. Yea basically just look around on here, you'll figure it out. I'm just going to go with the borla headers, and apexi n1 catback whenever I get the cash.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for repying i didnt know that the exhaust for the 98-01's would fit. Are the exhausts different for the 98-01 2 doors and 4 doors or are they the same?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
its also because of location montana and ny are wayy diff from each other

and the old school rs 2 or 4 door are the same length so they dont differ in exhaust lengths

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
well what do you mean by is that what they do with it, all those exhauts should be labeled 98-05 RS if they arent either vendors dont know about it, they dont update their site, or well other ha

alot of rs guys rock the stromung, i have it and have to say i like it alot

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
rmkguy1212 said:
o thats cool. is that what most people do with the 02-03 RS'
Did you go to the thread I posted above? It's a thread of videos of different exhaust setups. Pretty much it's a matter of picking the one you think sounds best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts