Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza Silver 2.5RS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have owned this car for a number of years now. The motor blew up back in 2017 and it has been sitting ever since due to other things coming up. It hasnt seen road salt in that long. The rockers are still fully in-tact. It has rust at places but I'm looking to tear it down completely and rebuild it. None of the rust we seen was through. I want to put all upgraded parts in and would like to put a wrx swap in it. If anybody can help with steering me in the direction of parts, forums, anything that can help with teardown and swapping would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,901 Posts
You already have a car that was offered as a turbo in the states: either buy a wrecked or rusted out 02-07 WRX and swap everything over, or get it running again and sell the car and buy a factory turbo car. Either way you choose is gonna net you a fun car.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
With an introduction such as this, I can not recommend it. Put a $900 ebay EJ20 in it, sell it, and buy a WRX. That swap is very simple as it only requires your original intake and exhaust manifolds, cam/crank sensors and cam/crank gears.

If you are really dead set on doing it, there are sticky's to hold your hand but you'll still need to do a lot of research on your own.

as mike-tracy said, find a wrecked donor car, and swap everything. literally everything.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you want to pull out your dash and hvac and fenders to put in a Turbo wiring Harness? It's a pretty big undertaking to do a swap. Along with the basic mechanical stuff, you're gonna need a Turbo subframe, complete motor. Really depends on your space and ability if you're up for it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts