Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1998 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.5RS RED
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98rs with a 01 tranny with a brand new f1 racing stage 1 clutch installed.

Problem after installing the new clutch

when the car is running and not in motion. I can barely put it in first gear(i have to put all my weight into it), and second is bad too (but not as bad as first), third fourth and fifth is fine.

When the car is in motion then i have no problems shifting into second third fourth fifth gears.

When the car is turned off then i have no problems shifting in any gears.

Is this a clutch problem?
My mechanic took the whole tranny apart and back together so he says that the internals are fine.
My friends a mechanic and he says it might be the clutch but hes not sure.
What might be the problems?
Please help me... :d

· Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
3,696 Posts
Shifts hard, engine on. No problem shifting, engine off? Your clutch may not be fully disengaging. How does the clutch pedal feel?

Is the clutch linkage cable or hydraulic?...can never remember. You may need to adjust the cable/bleed the lines.

· Registered
1998 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.5RS RED
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bleed the slave and refill the res, see if that helps.

BTW turn on your receive PMs options in the user CP
or email me about the heads joe dot motorhead at gmail dot com
HEY MY PMS ARE ON... NOT SURE WHY IT DOESNT WORK... ILL JUST EMAIL YOU... THANKS....

I HAVE A FRIEND (SUBARU TECH) AND HE TOLD THAT ME THAT HE BELIEVES THAT THE MECHANIC DID NOT GREASE UP THE BEARING AND COMPONENTS CORRECTLY... SO IM GOING TO GET THEM TO CHECK THAT UP AND ALL THE OTHERS YOU GUYS POSTED... THANKS FOR THE HELP...

I GOT AN EXEDY STAGE 1 CLUTCH BELIEVING THAT IT WAS THE CLUTCH ITSELF WAS THE PROBLEM. PLUS IM PUTTING ON A TURBO KIT RIGHT NOW SO THIS CLUTCH HAS BETTER HOLDING CAPACITY THEN THE THE ONE I HAVE ON. HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING WILL GO ACCORDINGLY... :bitehard:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.