Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2001 GC8
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive done tons of searching and cant find too much info on this. I love my rs fun to drive and great in the snow but the thing i dont really like about it is the rear seats dont fold down to fit any snowboards and in lake tahoe thats an issue. has anybody ever switched the rear seats to the 60/40. i know my 98 legacy had them and was wondering if anybody knew if i could pick some up and have them upholstered to match and bolt them in or anything like that. not the best with interior stuff im probably better off buying a roof rack but i like having everything inside and lockable

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
When I had my RS coupe, I just took out the 2 bolts on the bottom that hold the seatback in. It's snug in there so it didn't move around at all, and if I had something long I could pop it out and lay it down in 2 seconds.

(2 bolts to get the bottom seat off to access the 2 bolts for the top half, put the bottom seat bolts back in though)

The only problem was the metal cross-bar, as it's bolted in, but I'm sure you could come up with some thumb screws or some solution to that (or just keep tools in the car like I did).

I doubt that impreza wagon seats would work (they are 60/40) becuase they're bolted to the floor at the lower corners, and I dont know if the coupe/sedan floorpan would have those threaded holes for the bolts (or the ones on the strut towers for the locks)

Legacy seats are much wider than an impreza.

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
lots of the 95-99 Legacy sedans had folding rear seats and the geometry is identical so you can easily swap those in. however the fabric wont match 100%.
only 1 or 2 years of the Impreza (95-96) had split folding rear seats but they were usually tan fabric, so very ugly

·
Registered
2001 GC8
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow thanks for all the responses in a short time one more question what about seats from an 02-04 wrx, im sure theyre different but i found this which looks legit and if im not mistaken the armrest allows trunk access?
02 Subaru IMPREZA Rear Seat Back R10064
sorry about all the questions ill rip an engine out and rebuild it but never touched this kinda thing ha

·
Registered
95 **** Piece
6,822 Posts
Yes early L models had them. Grey & tan.

You can also use some early legacy models. 96-98ish

I know because i have Split rears.you will need the brackets as well.
LX's have them actually. That is where mine (now yours) came from. I did give you the brackets, right?

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
Sure did. I use the seats(sometimes), because i have the ultra rare roofrack now

The metal in the seatback was slightly bent in the corner, so they didnt fit flush. The other thing is moisture/coldness that comes through the trunk more without the the cardboard/liner. Tends to freeze my rear window alot in cold PA winters.

·
Premium Member
2000 Impreza 2.5rs stm
259 Posts
My jdm version 5 wrx rear seats are 60/40, I think there are a few other jdm wrx versions that have them as well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow.

WRX Sedan 02-07 Rear Seats(small passthrough) will fit with a little bending of the tabs.

95/96 Impreza LX 60/40 Split WILL fit.

96-98ish Legacy Rear Seats should fit.
93-01 imprezas and 95-99 legacys have identical seat geometry for the respective chassis (sedan or wagon). there are some other minor specifics but i wont get into them

Thank you for clarifying that up for me. Really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.