Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 lgt rbm, 2006 wrx sgm
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to sell my 2001 rs coupe. i got the car in june or so in 2012 with 235k miles on it, it was painted right before i bought it and came with brand new bc coil overs on it. I changed out the motor, tranny, and rear diff right when i got it from a 2000 rs with 90k miles on those. The car now has 262k miles so the motor and stuff has about 120k miles. Been doing oil changes every 3000-3500 miles with Rotella. The car needed some work when I got it and it still needs some work, but I use it for my DD, its been great nothing majorly wrong with it.

Pros: Engine, tranny, rear diff only have 120k and work perfectly
BC coil overs with almost 30k miles, nothing wrong with them
Was recently painted before I bought it
Has I think Borla replica headers, and cat section, it came with the car, so I am not sure what they are, but stock catback.
Tinted windows, not sure what percentage, but pretty dark.
It has 06 wrx tr front seats

Cons: There is a circular chip about the size of a baseball on the front left corner of the hood, that I don't know how it happened

I think there is a short somewhere in the wiring harness that my headlight fuse will blow out right away, so the passenger headlight is very dim but the driver side and fog lights work normally.

In the dash lights, the tach, doesn't light up sometimes but when you go over a couple bumps half of it will light up, so again something with the wiring that needs to be fixed, the gauge still works its just the lights.

Cruise control doesn't work, and ashtray lighter, so more wire stuff.

Needs new toe links and boots on the rack and pinion, it still works and everything it just has a hard pull to the left when you let go of the steering wheel

Its been getting a check engine light for about a month now saying that cylinder 1 is misfiring even though I have never heard or felt it anywhere near a misfire, so I have changed the spark plugs with ngk platinum from auto zone and code came up again after a week, then changed the coil pack and then came up again after a week. Even after changing those two things, the light would stay on until you cleared it so then i changed the spark plug wires and came back on after a week but the light will now turn off in the same day, and it might turn on again later in the day after some driving, but then turn off again after about 15 minutes or so of driving. But like i said I've never felt or heard it misfire, it may just need actual oem spark plugs cause i know it can be picky about it.

Well I think thats it for now, not really in a rush to sell, bought it for 6k and trying to get almost what i paid for it after putting a new engine in and a few other things. It runs great no problems, but just some little things that need to be taken care of. So I am looking at $5,000 for it. I can send pics on email or phone so just pm me or reply here with an email or number and ask away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you decide to part some of it let me know. I would take your rear wing ! Hard to find a brp coupe wing. Either way GLWS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts