Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To help others; the A/C suction (longer, low pressure) hose is (NLA) from Subaru. However, it is available from some vendors. The “UAC” part number: HA 112311C is a good fit.

The A/C Discharge (shorter, high side) hose is also (NLA) from Subaru. Does anyone have a vendor or part number from an aftermarket supplier? I have found that “gpd” part number: 4813734 from vendors (Parts Geek and others) do not fit. This is disappointing as they actually call out specifically for a 2001 Subaru RS 2.5 application.

I did see an earlier post from 2015 but it seems at a dead end. With the cars now 20 years or older, I suspect someone else has had a similar issue.

Thanks, Lar

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your time and input! Please take a moment to look at my attached photo showing the "H" and "L." Green caps with red letters. I ordered #4813734 from Parts Geek. I suspect it's the same as Rockauto. On one end #4813734 has a bend and the original is straight as shown here. On the other end, it is upside down from original. Part #4813734 does not fit. I called Parts Geek and they "claimed" they had another number but sent and charged me again for another #4813734. If anyone needs a new free #4813734 just pay for shipping. I'm looking for other options and will let the group know if I find anything.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Boosted98SF, I appreciate your input. I'm not sure about your ej25d. If you have the time, could you please send me a picture? I am going to a junk yard this week to compare. Hopefully I'll have something to share with the group soon. I don't believe this hose is that "special." One side it is straight on the other it is curved. I also have some possible "updated" numbers from other models to check at my local Subaru dealer. We are going to figure this out.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I see rockauto's listing for this showing fitment on the Impreza, HA 112311C. But the OE part number attached to it for cross reference only shows 98-00 Forester fitment on the subaru parts site.

Would it be possible for a custom line to be made?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Silverton, thanks for your input. It is curious to me on the parts listing and the actual part fitting. I'm not going to be negative or point fingers, but some quality assurance could be missing. I can confirm that “UAC” part number: HA 112311C from Parts Geek (Low side) does fit a stock 2001 2.5 RS. I'm sure many others. My last check shows that it is still available from them. Okay we are half-way there. I have purchased three other hoses that do not fit. Because of the time and hassle, I probably will not bother to return them.

I have looked into having a custom line made. If it was steel ends that would be easy. Apparently, the shops I checked with are not comfortable with aluminum. I'm still working on a few things.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Junkyard or car-part might be your only hope.

Or, RACECAR! You don't need AC, that's just extra weight and drag.

JK I'd die without AC in my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts