Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1081 - 1093 of 1093 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,081
Schweet now dig a hole for the car lift ;)
Yea, a lift wasn’t really in the plans. Can always figure out something later on. It would’ve been nice....but I’m just happy to finally have a spot inside with solid floors to work on stuff. I’ve said it 100 times, but working off a gravel driveway sucks. Just being able to use a floor jack on concrete will make things so much easier.

·
95 Coupe, 95 Sedan & 95 Wagon
12,390 Posts
Haha you don't need a hole for one, but you could make one like the oil places to get under your car super easy if you plan to lay a foundation. Probably triple the price cuz life.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,084
Haha you don't need a hole for one, but you could make one like the oil places to get under your car super easy if you plan to lay a foundation. Probably triple the price cuz life.
Well it’s only 10ft ceiling height. I think most lifts need 12ft, so I’d have to figure something out. They make smaller lifts and I’m kinda short so there’s options.

HOT DAMN!! Building looks great man! Sorry to hear about the pizza shrapnel in the engine though..
I’m really happy with how it turned out. Floors should be done next week. I can’t wait.

Yea sucks about the motor, but I’m pretty much over it. The shop took so long to build it, and the whole process was so annoying that I lost all interest in the car. Most likely selling one or both of the Impreza’s in the next year. Need a change. I want a RWD car with 6-8 cylinders for a new project/fun car.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,085
I have a floor!

Concrete was poured about a month ago. I waited 3 weeks before pulling any cars in. Wasted no time and started putting it to use.

Was so happy driving/pushing the cars into the garage for the first time.

Wasted no time, and pulled the stupid built motor from the coupe. Definitely the fastest and easiest engine pull I’ve done. Working off concrete is sooooo much better than gravel.

More on the engine soon.

Picked up some lumber and large tools with my very practical vehicle. Who needs a pickup truck, when you can have a BRZ?

Also started on some benches and storage. Still designing how I wanna build the rest of the permanent benches and shelving.....but here’s a simple rolling bench for now. Nice little work space that I can move around as I need.

Probably gonna start doing my permanent electric soon too, so I can get rid of the temp stuff I have setup now.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,015 Posts
Rolling around on gravel gets old. Love the night pic of 2 subi in there new home.
Nice work.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,087
Rolling around on gravel gets old. Love the night pic of 2 subi in there new home.
Nice work.
Yea working off gravel in general sucks. So happy to have a workspace with an actual floor.....and that my cars and bikes can be kept inside and not sit outside all the time.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,091
Nice shop.. Freaking LOVE my BRZ too!
Yup I love it. So many people hate the BRZ/86 but I just think they haven’t driven one. Might be kinda slow, but it just handles so good. I have just as much fun driving the brz, as I did my swapped coupe with 300+ whp.

Almost bought a BRZ, then decided to wait until 2022's version :D
Yea I’m curious what the new one will be like. Not a whole lot of info out on them yet though

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,092
Not much to update. Still deciding what I wanna do about the whole stupid built motor situation. I did get the swapped sedan running again, and pulled it into the garage for the first time. Gonna get working on the sedan soon so I can drive it this winter instead of the BRZ, which is less than ideal in snow. :lol:

So naturally, since I had both Impreza’s in there, I had to get the BRZ in there too. This was the first time with 3 cars in the garage. Still plenty of room to work . I’m pretty sure I can fit 4 cars wide no problem if needed.

Gonna dig my trench for the power soon, and start running my conduit from the basement. I’m bringing out 100amps, which should cover anything I’ll need out there. I wanna get the electric service done before it gets cold, then I can spend all winter doing the benches, shelves, and insulating the walls.

1081 - 1093 of 1093 Posts