Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to sell my 2001 2.5 RS as a package. Engine failed earlier this year ( I believe it spun a bearing and failed rod ).
Car is rough around the edges.
NEEDS ENGINE Project Car 2001 2.5 RS Rallycross (almost) ready car. Engine failed in January while I was driving on I-440. Engine did not lock up but started knocking. I'm suspecting a spun run bearing and maybe a broken rod ( judging by the noise ). Its being garage kept now. Car is full of character (rough around the edges). A/C did not work when car was running. Transmission was working well. Street wheels are 3 17" rims and 1 16". Extra 17" rim and tire are going with car but rim is bent. Car will be sold as a package, with the rally ready (5) Gold Braid 15" wheels and (5) DMack rally tires. Tires are getting older and 1 of the 5 is in rough shape. They are directional tires so there are 3 left tires and 2 right tires. Car also has an adjustable K-Sport inverted gravel suspension. I purchased the car from an SCCA member in VA a few years back. I ran it multiple times in THSCC rally cross. To my knowledge, engine had prior cylinder head work somewhere in the upper 100k mile range.
Odometer reading (219870 miles)
Extras include:
Braid Wheels (Gold, Set of 5. Winrace T Acropolis I believe, not 100% certain) with aging DMACK DMG2 tires
K-Sport Inverted Gravel sport adjustable suspension
link to market place listing (hope that is ok)

Asking 3300 with all the extras.

Thanks for any interest - I would really like to sell the whole package. (I've got multiple offers on the Braids already but I am holding off to sell the whole thing.) Can see car in person southeast of Raleigh NC.
- Brad V.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI - This is the car I purchased from this post:
Brad V.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts